Considering a Go-Fast Camper - Interested in real world experiences and reviews.

shade

Do most folks set up a ladder or stool and enter similar to a roof-top tent or is the preferred method to enter via the tailgate? I have a Ford F350 - opening and closing the tailgate while in the bed of the truck is no easy task. I suppose much easier on a Tacoma.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Beats me. I use the tailgate method without any modification, but I'm going to add a strap to make it easier to pull closed. I'm also adding a tailgate damper so I don't have to lower it by hand to prevent it slamming open.

Superduty

Adventurer
Beats me. I use the tailgate method without any modification, but I'm going to add a strap to make it easier to pull closed. I'm also adding a tailgate damper so I don't have to lower it by hand to prevent it slamming open.
A friend has a tundra with the tailgate damper it works great.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

shade

Adding a damper is a good idea. Having it slam down is pretty loud, especially if someone else is trying to sleep.

You might also consider a tailgate “lifter” that makes it easier to close. Basically a torsion bar setup. I had one on my Dodge and I could literally use one or two fingers to close it up. Helped out when closing it from the inside of the bed.

Vegas_Sirk

It also seemed that the labour market in Bozeman was pretty tight, so that may be hurting them, too.

My father lives in Big Fork, MT and I can tell you the labor is there, but finding RELIABLE labor it the hard part. Deer season starts and they don't show up to work, Duck season starts and they don't show up to work, nice fishing day and they don't show up to work half way through a job. I bet thats what they are struggling with as well.

While I like the GFC I just am turned off on the look besides the wait time. I'm really surprised that SnugTop or ARE haven't come up with a composite version of their own that actually follows the cab and color matched like their current campers. Also I would love to see a pop up version (non-wedge) similar to the hard shell RTT or what the Sprinters have.

brandish

If anyone else is on the wait list and has a slot but has changed their mind, please let me know. Really interested in a camper but wanting to get it setup sooner rather than later.

shade

If anyone else is on the wait list and has a slot but has changed their mind, please let me know. Really interested in a camper but wanting to get it setup sooner rather than later.
Wait list spots seem to appear every few weeks on ExPo, so keep checking.

jmodz

In case you guys haven’t noticed they announced this on Instagram. Their lead times are decreasing, which is always a good thing!

“BIG NEWS, ROLLBACK UPDATE ?????⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
We often say that we would rather underpromise and over deliver. Well, here’s the over deliver part. ⁣

Our production team has been absolutely crushing it for the past few months getting new staff trained and cranking out more campers than ever. Because of their hard work we are officially revising estimated timelines. Estimated start dates for new builds are now SEPTEMBER 2020 instead of APRIL 2021 at the time of this posting. ⁣⁣⁣
⁣⁣⁣
That’s a full 8 month reduction in lead times. ? We are honored to be able to provide you guys with product even sooner and continue to make American jobs ??⁣”

shade

That's great news. It looks like their investments in CNC equipment and more employees are paying off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles