Con-Ferr roof rack and accessories

austintaco

Explorer
I have this posted locally as well. I would like to sell everything together, but I will separate the items if I need to. The shovel/axe mount might be spoken for if I decide to separate...on to the description:

I bought this a few years ago from a guy that had an 80 handed down to him and he didn't want it. I sourced out the accessories thinking I would have this great old school solid rack for either my Tacoma or my 4runner. However, with the flippac, it won't fit, so now it's just collecting dust...like many of my projects.

The rack is a solid one piece design with two bottom cross bars. It measures 42" x 48" x 4". It was in ok shape when I bought it, but it had some rust in the corners so I sanded it down, prepped it, and sprayed it. I had to straighten out one of the bottom crossbars too. Its straight, but you can tell that I worked on it with some wood blocks and a hammer. I covered the Con-Ferr badges so they are still nice and crisp.

a1bc0513.jpg

The Axe/shovel mount attaches to the sides via a set of adapter plates. I only have one set of these plates and they are used for both the axe/shovel mount and the Hi lift mount.

2a6b8654.jpg

The Hi Lift mount attaches to the other side and also uses adapter plates to space out. You could mount these to any flat surface

d29521b4.jpg

I do not want to ship, but I will work with somebody if that is my only option. Send me a PM with your zip code and I will get a quote. Shipping will be paid by the buyer on an agreed upon price.

Just the rack $175
shovel/axe brackets $30
Hi lift mounts $30

or $200 for everything.
For mounting, check with Defender rack, but I believe their systems work with the old Con-Ferr system as well.

Last edited:

austintaco

Explorer
I never did sell this. I am a self admitted hoarder, but I need the room in my garage. I dropped the price and removed the chicken coop flooring. This will look great on any vintage truck.

austintaco

Explorer
I'm in Austin, and would be interested in the flooring... Is it rubber, or something else?

Sorry, but I meant that I decided not to sell the flooring. I bought two pieces of chicken coop flooring from Farmtek and I had planned to make the floor out of it. Originally, I had it priced with the flooring pieces, but I am now using the flooring as a camp shower floor.

austintaco

Explorer
Sorry for the delay on getting back to this thread. I have a family friend that might be interested in the whole setup, so I am going to wait to hear back from him. If he does not want the set up, I will start PM's to those that have contacted me.

The ax/shovel is a clamp system that will end up looking like this:
IMG_1911.jpg

Most accessories for con-ferr racks have an adapter plate that clamshells the rack and allows you to move the mounts to the desired area. I have two sets of these which is enough for either the ax/shovel mount or the Hi lift mount. The plates basically give you a flat surface to mount the accessories to which is why either of the mounts could be used on a bumper or inside a truck bed etc..

I will post up when I know more on the sale.

austintaco

Explorer
My friend has decided he can use the setup and it's going to a good home. He just picked up a clean 80 series Cruiser and this will help him with his rig build up. Thanks for all the interest!

jdl335

I never did sell this. I am a self admitted hoarder, but I need the room in my garage. I dropped the price and removed the chicken coop flooring. This will look great on any vintage truck.
would like to get a quote for shipping to 96137 if it's still for sale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior