Compressor mounting spot?

britome

I got a viair system. I’ve read conflicting posts on where to put the compressor. My tank will go in the bed of my Silverado 2500.
84d688681ac13e1b47f3f96a058bf4a1.jpg

Thinking either a pod from my Leitner system for the compressor or under the hood where it is hotter. Thoughts?
18413707e80ec8bea2d87d670059b93f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky j

Explorer
Mine is under the driver seat, and the tank is beside the drive shaft and the frame rail under the body.

But I do have a jeep wrangler. :)

Watching as I am considering an extreme outback magnum compressor. I am concerned about noise if mounted inside. Would love to mount it under the body on the frame.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
Im running my 450C VIAIR & tank alongside the passenger side frame, tucked up behind the running boards with a remote filtered intake.

Rubber isolated mounts, custom cradle, & plumbed to a 3 gallon tank with a 90/110 pressure switch.
Even with a gas engine, you can barely hear the thing running.

47209779462_f106660a84_b.jpg

What concerns me on external mounting compressor is the motor driven fan. I worry about mud and dirt collecting in the cover and locking up the compressor.

britome

Im running my 450C VIAIR & tank alongside the passenger side frame, tucked up behind the running boards with a remote filtered intake.

Rubber isolated mounts, custom cradle, & plumbed to a 3 gallon tank with a 90/110 pressure switch.
Even with a gas engine, you can barely hear the thing running.

47209779462_f106660a84_b.jpg

Very nice! No concerns with water dirt and mud pelting it?

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
My Warn SPI is mounted behind the grill of my 3G Dodge and no problems with water, dirt, or heat, or with engine cooling. My ARB single will probably be mounted in front of the radiator in my Tundra, if I ever get around to it. Another option with smaller compressors might be inside a winch bumper if you are not running a winch.

PhulesAU

Explorer
As long as you eliminate Direct Spray for the most part, exterior mounting shouldn't be any problem. Or you do a lot of deep water crossings.

britome

As long as you eliminate Direct Spray for the most part, exterior mounting shouldn't be any problem. Or you do a lot of deep water crossings.

I don’t do a lot of anything yet. Been a huge adventure rider and am newly adding overlanding to my hobbies so I can hang with my wife. Not planning on hyper extreme stiff. But more concerned with it being pelted by dirt and dust if underneath.

Sims4adventure

We use these compressor kits at work. The biggest problem we have with them is the relay pack ( gray box ). Moisture gets in to the air pressure switch and it will either stick open or closed. The only time we have had a failure with the pump itself is when a truck got swamped and air filter let water into the compressor. The filers are not the best for fine dirt. We use a remote filter from Amazon and mouth it in the engine bay with the pump on the frame rails. Just a little input.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior