Composite panel recommendations

Hello,

Planning a truck camper build and my head is spinning trying to read about composite panel options. Half the links lead to businesses that are no longer in business and many just ask you to submit a inquiry form.

So I figured I’d ask. Is there a known good panel to the EP community for the DIY person that is reasonable in price? Considering 1” to 1-1/2” thickness depending on the panel’s properties.

Also, any decent tutorial videos to constructing with composite panels?

Thanks!

Peter_n_Margaret

Adventurer
Can't help with suppliers, but I can offer a panel specification. I am currently constructing a second truck camper. The first is now 18 years since construction and is still in current use.
1. Only choose FRP (glass) skins, gelcoated on the outside.
2. Only choose closed cell polyurethane foam, not EPS, for both structural and thermodynamic reasons. The exception to that is the floor which could be PET foam for better crush resistance under walking loads.
3. For highest strength and lowest weight, panel skins should be laid up wet-on-wet directly onto the foam and vacuum bagged all together, not pre-made panels glued to pre-made foam.

Glue together using Sikaflex 252 or similar and the recommended Sikaflex cleaner and primer. And use lots of it.
Cheers,
Peter
OKA196 motorhome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94