compomotive spare under a LR4

Elumeno Pee

I'm having problems mounting a compomotive spare. I finally got it to fit at nearly 0 PSI. but the mount that goes through the center hole now sits on the rounded area, not the flat of that cross bar, attaching photos so it makes more sense.

What are you guys doing for this? I'm sure this has been discussed before, just can't find the thread.

IMG_0916.jpgIMG_0917.jpg

motobrewer

What’s the size of the tire? Try flipping the run over so the “front” of the rim is facing to the ground.

I fit a 265/65R18 at 10psi +/- in the spare tire well.

Or, I am looking at D2 tomorrow and recently agreed to purchase a spare tire carrier for the lr4 from Greg that will make this easier. So, I’ll be looking to resell the carrier…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

motobrewer

Oops wrong forum. So you don’t know who Greg is… but it’s a terra firma spare tire carrier for the lr3/4.

Elumeno Pee

Oops wrong forum. So you don’t know who Greg is… but it’s a terra firma spare tire carrier for the lr3/4.

It's a ko2 same size 265/65/r18. I did mount it facing down, I will try and get it in tonight so show a better photo of what I mean. I've been toying with the idea of a swing away, I just think it's going to get old having to swing the tire away every time I want to open the trunk. Wish it was designed so you could at least open the top half. Anyway, I might be interested, how much and where is it located?

motobrewer

It's a ko2 same size 265/65/r18. I did mount it facing down, I will try and get it in tonight so show a better photo of what I mean. I've been toying with the idea of a swing away, I just think it's going to get old having to swing the tire away every time I want to open the trunk. Wish it was designed so you could at least open the top half. Anyway, I might be interested, how much and where is it located?

$1200 in the SF Bay Area. Cost plus shipping. It’s new in box.

El Solis

Adventurer
It looks like your heat shields are still on. I also run 265/65/18 on compos and have one shoved under there BUT it’s my second spare and the tread is 50% which helps. It’s still down to 15-20 psi. I’ll try to snap a pic tomorrow of how mine is mounted. I mount mine with the outside of the wheel up top.

Elumeno Pee

It looks like your heat shields are still on. I also run 265/65/18 on compos and have one shoved under there BUT it’s my second spare and the tread is 50% which helps. It’s still down to 15-20 psi. I’ll try to snap a pic tomorrow of how mine is mounted. I mount mine with the outside of the wheel up top.

I was trying my hardest to leave the heat shields on. I flipped the tire upside down so the outside is on the top. the spring clamp t-bar fits much better now. but I am afraid being aired down so far that the rim is going to rub against the body. That is a great idea, swapping for a more used tire, will definitely do that, and then I can hopefully leave some more air in the tire and that will then prevent rubbing on the body. Thank you

LR4XFAR

SCLR member 2013 LR4 HD
I install my Compo spare in the well with the shiny side up. Never needed to remove any shields with a 265/65 KO2 at 0psi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94