Compomotive issues

harbinger808

Adventurer
Aloha everyone,
Anyone else out there experience this on their wheels?... We just had our LR4 washed/waxed and detailed yesterday evening and this morning we noticed this. Spoke with Compomotive and they say it looks like either some type of chemical was applied or abrasive. I'm waiting to hear back from the detailer.compo1.jpgcompo4.jpgcompo2.jpgcompo3.jpg

atlantaM3

nope, nothing like that, but I only use regular car wash liquid to clean them, I never use simple green or anything like that on them.

J

harbinger808

Adventurer
Thanks for the replies guys the detailer swears that they didn't use any acid on the wheels so I'll be talking to him more soon. The finish is peeling off in all the spots that are in the photos which quite alot. Looks like I'll be plastidipping them soon :/

ColoDisco

Explorer
Looks like wheel acid to me. Sprayed on and left on too long. Just as a precaution you might ask compomotive if they had a bad batch of powder coat.

dcorn

Yep, I have the same issue. Took the LR4 to a car wash last year and they suggested a new wheel cleaner that would clean and protect. After a few weeks, I noticed something similar that got worse over time. Not as bad as yours, but the same pattern.

harbinger808

Adventurer
On a side not fellas...
Assuming it was definitely the detailers that caused this, what would use guy do?
Not like I want to ask him to replace all 4 wheels. He's a genuine nice guy but as as rayg stated this damn things weren't cheap ;)

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
If it's not a bad powder coat job from the factory then just paint them. If you ever get off pavement they will get rashed up anyway. image.jpeg

Last edited:

Ray_G

Explorer
Got 4 cans of that Dupli color wheel paint sitting in my garage for that reason. Plasti-dip is starting to wear and KO2's are due to arrive Mon. As I swap tires I am going to switch to gunmetal paint just to ease touch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rjl

Ryan
On a side not fellas...
Assuming it was definitely the detailers that caused this, what would use guy do?
Not like I want to ask him to replace all 4 wheels. He's a genuine nice guy but as as rayg stated this damn things weren't cheap ;)

If he's any good he should have insurance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles