Comparison shopping: Colorado, Gladiator, Tacoma

spectre6000

Observer
Truck, THEN baby! Done! My wife and I have both been stressing over that one.

Truck is in the driveway! For some reason the exhaust relocation and sliders weren't with the truck, and I'll have to go back at some point to have them installed once they show up. That is absolutely OK at this point.

Still no baby. SUPER close. But still no baby.

Tomorrow, assuming that holds, I'll go get my snows put on, and maybe see if I can't get to know it a bit in the daylight!

Buckstopper

Adventurer
Truck, THEN baby! Done! My wife and I have both been stressing over that one.

Truck is in the driveway! For some reason the exhaust relocation and sliders weren't with the truck, and I'll have to go back at some point to have them installed once they show up. That is absolutely OK at this point.

Still no baby. SUPER close. But still no baby.

Tomorrow, assuming that holds, I'll go get my snows put on, and maybe see if I can't get to know it a bit in the daylight!

That's great news on the truck. Babies tend to show up whenever THEY decide its time. I wish you the best!

As I posted this I had a flashback to when our first baby was born (31 years ago). I drove a Ford Ranger 5 speed standard cab with a bench seat. When we strapped the baby seat into the middle of the bench seat to take the baby home from the Hospital I discovered that the stick shift hit the car seat so I couldn't use every other gear. I had test fit the car seat but I hadn't actually driven the truck with the car seat in it.

We did it truck first then baby then different truck with a back seat (a used Suburban). You did it right by getting the crew cab first!

Last edited:

tennesseewj

Observer
That's great news on the truck. Babies tend to show up whenever THEY decide its time. I wish you the best!

As I posted this I had a flashback to when our first baby was born (31 years ago). I drove a Ford Ranger 5 speed standard cab with a bench seat. When we strapped the baby seat into the middle of the bench seat to take the baby home from the Hospital I discovered that the stick shift hit the car seat so I couldn't use every other gear. I had test fit the car seat but I hadn't actually driven the truck with the car seat in it.

We did it truck first then baby then different truck with a back seat (a used Suburban). You did it right by getting the crew cab first!
It's amazing how many people I talk to with similar problems. I test drove crew cab trucks with a three day old baby because I quickly realized my ECSB Silverado (with the suicide rear doors) wasn't gonna cut it after I strapped the car seat in. The poor salesman wasn't sure what to think sitting back there with an infant

** Pours one out for all the otherwise good vehicles rendered useless by car seats**

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

al_burpe

Observer
** Pours one out for all the otherwise good vehicles rendered useless by car seats**

This. I had to sell my Frontier when our second baby came and we couldn't fit two rear facing seats in the back at the same time.

spectre6000

Observer
And then there were three! We went from zero to baby in 5 1/2 hours. No contractions at all until 2:30AM, then very very rapid progression, and almost didn't make it to the hospital. Baby at 7:43 AM.

A snow storm came through last night, and en route at 5:45 or so this morning we found ourselves nose to blade with a plow truck spinning out right in front of us in the intersection running a red light, our ABS abuzz. Once we got to the hospital, things were happening RIGHT. THE. HELL. NOW! Too late for epidural, but a shift change meant that the delivering doctor didn't get that memo until right before some especially uncomfortable emergency maneuvers. By "didn't get the memo", I mean she thought my wife (whom I now know to be made of steel and stone) HAD received an epidural due to her epic stoicism (her shock at realizing my wife was enduring this all unfiltered was itself shocking), and mercifully was able to deliver a few CCs of topical Lidocaine right before things got really dire... A few complications, but nothing that hasn't been substantially overcome, and especially nothing anyone wants to read about.

Mom and baby are healthy. Limbs and digits all accounted for, a full head of long blonde hair, and seems to mostly be pretty chill so far as long as she's not getting her temperature taken.

Last edited:

04Ram2500Hemi

Observer
And then there were three! We went from zero to baby in 5 1/2 hours. No contractions at all until 2:30AM, then very very rapid progression, and almost didn't make it to the hospital. Baby at 7:43 AM.

A snow storm came through last night, and en route at 5:45 or so this morning we found ourselves nose to blade with a plow truck spinning out right in front of us in the intersection running a red light, our ABS abuzz. Once we got to the hospital, things were happening RIGHT. THE. HELL. NOW! Too late for epidural, but a shift change meant that the delivering doctor didn't get that memo until right before some especially uncomfortable emergency maneuvers. By "didn't get the memo", I mean she thought my wife (whom I now know to be made of steel and stone) HAD received an epidural (her shock at realizing my wife was enduring this all unfiltered was itself shocking), and mercifully was able to deliver a few CCs of topical Lidocaine right before things got really dire... A few complications, but nothing that hasn't been substantially overcome, and especially nothing anyone wants to read about.

Mom and baby are healthy. Limbs and digits all accounted for, a full head of long blonde hair, and seems to mostly be pretty chill so far as long as she's not getting her temperature taken.

Congratulations!!!

Wallygator

Adventurer

A snow storm came through last night, and en route at 5:45 or so this morning we found ourselves nose to blade with a plow truck spinning out right in front of us in the intersection running a red light, our ABS abuzz. Once we got to the hospital, things were happening RIGHT. THE. HELL. NOW! Too late for epidural, but a shift change meant that the delivering doctor didn't get that memo until right before some especially uncomfortable emergency maneuvers. By "didn't get the memo", I mean she thought my wife (whom I now know to be made of steel and stone) HAD received an epidural (her shock at realizing my wife was enduring this all unfiltered was itself shocking), and mercifully was able to deliver a few CCs of topical Lidocaine right before things got really dire... A few complications, but nothing that hasn't been substantially overcome, and especially nothing anyone wants to read about.

Congratulations!!!

billiebob

All the best. Congratulations! Now you get to spoil two people.

tomtaylz

Congrats on the truck and baby! I took my fairly new to me ZR2 to Death Valley for a week over Christmas (it’s in the trip reports) and loved it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier