Comparison of these campers

SurfCamperMan

Thanks, ya'll! I appreciate the input.
After having a classic fiberglass shell with a buildout in it, I'm leaning towards a bare-bones set-up no matter what camper I go for. And I often store surfboards in the bed so they can be locked which eats up so much space (don't get me started). some lights, my cooler, and my stove. maybe a heater for the ski lot.

Now I have a lot to think about (which is good). Thanks again!

Desert Cyclist

Timely thread as I am looking at the various options in a pop-up for my GMC Canyon ECLB. Looking for something that does not completely eliminate using it for truck things, not just camping.

eg23

I absolutely love my Snap Treehouse.
The bed is super comfy, easy to set up and plenty of room.
I much prefer the wedge still due the being able to aim the wedge into the wind and also shedding the rain and snow.
My downstairs set up is very basic with just an open space that I fill up with gear specific to the adventure.
The diesel heater keeps us toasty warm.
I would say it probably takes about 1 minute to set up and about 3 minutes to pack it up.

We have spent about 50 nights in ours and have enjoyed every minute of it both in summer and winter.
Temperatures in summer have gone up to 30C and winter down to -20C.

It’s a great unit. I can’t recommend them enough.

Zillon

You're not waffling you are researching and doing your due diligence. It's a big purchase and not to be rushed.

Exactly. I spent a lot of time researching my choices as well - a spreadsheet exists with features, pricing, measurements, etc.

AbleGuy

Officious Intermeddler
Newer west coast company. They have wedge and 4 corner popup versions.
www.topotoppers.com

How long have these guys been building these pop up?

They look like they’re building nice campers.

But once again, giving 50% of the purchase price up front to an unknown company seems risky (especially in light of some of the stories we’ve seen posted on Expo about deals gone bad).

Have any of you guys dealt with this company?

Spencer for Hire

But once again, giving 50% of the purchase price up front to an unknown company seems risky (especially in light of some of the stories we’ve seen posted on Expo about deals gone bad).

I believe they are very new. I saw them on Instagram. There is also Superpacific in Oregon. They have been around a couple of years now . They are a wedge

KD702

I was super tempted to order a Lone Peak but then realized they weren't going to be be available until the end of the summer season (Aug-Sept). Knowing I will probably have to unload my RTT, since I will have no use for it. Might be hard to sell it that time of the year. The base price is pretty good though, but not having any out there seems like a gamble now days. This style would allow me to use the 270 awning.

I really like the Harker for the extra space. I do agree that an option to keep the tailgate closed for certain kinds of camping would be a plus but not a deal breaker for me. A little steep on the price for me right now, wish they were closer to the Lone Peak. This style makes it harder to used the 270 awning with out oddly mounting it hanging back past the rear of the truck .

The Topo Topper has a great price but this is the first I have heard of them.

sn_85

Observer

I don't have a camper from them but have been following their journey on IG from beginning. They interestingly started during the pandemic when a lot of companies were struggling with supply issues. Through it all they seemingly were able to keep afloat and crank out campers. For whatever reason they didn't have the same supply chain struggles as Vagabond and were able to deliver campers as promised without a 36mo wait. I think Topo is a legit business and I would trust them over VO at this point. It's difficult handing over a 50% deposit but I don't see any red flags with them since they update regularly and are turning out production units.

Bergger

Explorer
Just to muddy the waters a bit more here is another new option. Interesting design with the flared sides allowing for an east/west sleeping platform. I'm not sure I'd like that protruding out though. As you can see there are many options out there to choose from. This market is becoming a repeat of the off road trailer market from a few years ago. It seems to start with one domestic company then before you know it there are dozens jumping in with their own variations. But it's good to see innovation and options for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles