Comparison of these campers

calicamper

Expedition Leader
I don't think I'd want anything but a GFC for a Maverick - that vehicle needs small and simple and light.

I'd go the same exact route if I were in the same position, and honestly I'd love that setup myself. Would make for an epic one-person gravel cycling base camp vehicle.

Are you selling the Tacoma + Vagabond together, or separately?
Agreed the Maverick with a gfc definitely a great combo for compact, efficient small adventure rig

370HSSV

I am also looking for a camper doing my research and pros and cons, anyone got their lone peak yet? Any user reviews?

vomhorizon

Thanks to all who have weighed in on this thread. I'm in a similar position to the OP and have just recently started to look at what's out there to support a 6.5" bed of my 3G Tundra. Alucab was initially my first choice but it gets pricey really fast with delivery, and options, not to mention it is the heaviest in this segment. Right now, I'm deliberating between the Harker EDC, and the Snap Treehouse. Harker is the lighter and more affordable option coming in at about 12-13K with some of the options I would want. I'm torn on the soft entry door even with their newly improved material and bungee cords to tighten it across the bottom of the vehicle and below the tailgate. Its still in consideration due to the straight walls and the ability to mount traction boards, and water/fuel, shovel etc outside thus eliminating the need for a roof rack on the vehicle. The sleeping area size (best in class) is also a positive feature. Snap is really interesting to me due to the reviews here and the quality of their work, and the fact that they allow customization including tailgate deleat via a door (similar to Alucab).

COAKXterra

We had a an AT habitat on our power wagon for about a year and put it through some pretty good paces. We loved it, but didnt quite fit the bill we were needing with our young daughter and the flip-open design was difficult for my wife to manage with her height. We ended up selling it late last year.

That said, I’d recommend an AT product any day. The fit and finish were fantastic and as stated above, the customer service from Janine and Mario was absolutely top notch from the day we ordered to the day we sold it. We partially wish we’d looked at the summit closer, but the sheer amount of room inside an open habitat is like a drug. Addictive. And incredible.

Just my .02

stevo_pct

I'm in the same boat (researching shell campers with full pop up, not wedge) and joining the discussion.

It looks like Ovrlnd Campers and AT Overland Summit are both top notch, established, durable, good design. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be at the top of the list? My one problem with the AT Summit is the narrow bed width due to the sloped wall design. That might be a deal breaker for me.

sn_85

Observer
I'm in the same boat (researching shell campers with full pop up, not wedge) and joining the discussion.

It looks like Ovrlnd Campers and AT Overland Summit are both top notch, established, durable, good design. Is there any reason why they wouldn't be at the top of the list? My one problem with the AT Summit is the narrow bed width due to the sloped wall design. That might be a deal breaker for me.

Check out the Tune Outdoor M1 camper. I actually like that the camper and bed are flared out a bit. It gives you a larger bed and more usable interior space. The issue with the narrow sloped wall design is that while more aerodynamic and agile on tight trails, it makes actually sitting space a challenge.

stevo_pct

Check out the Tune Outdoor M1 camper. I actually like that the camper and bed are flared out a bit. It gives you a larger bed and more usable interior space. The issue with the narrow sloped wall design is that while more aerodynamic and agile on tight trails, it makes actually sitting space a challenge.

Those look really nice and they're located in Denver, which is a plus for me.

tgoff

I really like my Ovrlnd Camper. Vertical walls, full pop with tensioned canvas, barn doors, and full custom made to order is why I went with them. Their barn door rear hatch set up is awesome. Lots of interior room throughly thought out for living space and functionality. Great quality build.

Bigc3031

I chose an ATO Atlas and looking forward to getting it installed. The reality for most of us is that we will use our trucks for daily driving and hauling around lumber, rocks, etc far more than adventuring so the utility of bed was critical for me.

I also chose ATO as they have insulated walls to help with the condensation issues that these toppers have in many environments.

The angled walls absolutely make for a narrower bed however it’s ideal for daily driving. The cap
Looks more commercial as opposed to a recreational vehicle so I think it wi be less of a target in some cases.

Bergger

Explorer
You're going to love your ATO Atlas. We've had an ATO Summit for almost 1 1/2 years and its been great. I also love the insulated walls and the angle of them. Fact is, the majority of the time you're just daily driving and using the truck as a truck. I really like it being streamline and we still have tons of room to be comfortable when camping in it. The other day I hauled a 1000lbs pallet of flooring in the truck and its nice to still have the versatility to load a pallet of materials into the truck along with keeping the use of the tailgate. Most of the campers in this comparison have that versatility with the exception of the Alu Cab. I still like ATO the most but a close second for me may be the new Harker Outdoors EXO model.

I agree with bergger we have a habitat and love it. With a small farm our truck bed gets a lot of use...more than camping lately. It's nice to have it when needed to camp; or, even a protected space to transport goats.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240227-193332~3.png
    Screenshot_20240227-193332~3.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94