Compact Camp Chairs: The Ultimate Review

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
More like advertising plug than actual review...

What information would make it a more useful review for you? I'm always looking for ways to improve my content, and appreciate feedback.

I compiled stats not compiled anywhere else online, and normalized them so that they are easily comparable. Provided information about what the manufacturer says about their product and then provided personal impressions, both pros and cons from my personal use of each chair. I have no affiliation with any of the manufacturers of the products in this review, and receive no compensation for the review. I don't think online product reviews get much more unbiased and thorough than that.

Exploring Elements

Supporting Sponsor
I think spending more than $30 for a camp chair is insane. Tried one that looks like your photo at REI and fell over, really not very stable.

Cheap camp chairs are an option, but are generally not as light, compact or durable as the nicer chairs reviewed here. Any chair of this style that is under $50 is generally a really poor knockoff of the original Helinox chair, and generally unstable and uncomfortable, from my experience. I found all the chairs in this review to be pretty stable and comfortable, with the larger chairs with high backs being the most stable and comfortable. Leki has a unique leg design that makes them pretty rigid and the larger Helinox chairs use a large diameter pole that makes it feel quite solid.

SoDakSooner

Adventurer
Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but it hits me just under the armpits, and I have pretty broad lats. Just cant sit in it for hours on end. Typically don't have to though. I like it as I don't pay much of a weight penalty to carry it.

pluton

Adventurer
Normally, being tilted 40º up from the horizon is an unnatural feeling, uncomfortable positioning for me. However, for viewing the upcoming total solar eclipse, one of these might be just the thing.

downhill

Adventurer
I just picked up two of these for $25 each at Sam's Club: https://www.samsclub.com/sams/light-weight-chair/prod20602415.ip?xid=plp:product:1:9

I also have two of these: https://www.rei.com/product/877258/rei-co-op-flex-lite-chair

I prefer the REI chair for hiking because it is half the weight of the Sam's Club chair, but in every other respect they seem very comparable. The REI chair is over 3X the cost. I bought the Sam's chairs to keep in the truck and keep the wear off the REI chairs. For $25 they are hard to beat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles