Communications / audio. Some install advice please.

dbhost

Okay the dumb thing did NOT come with an install guide. Their online docs do a good job of explaining the wiring harness so no issue there. But NOTHING on physically mounting to the dashboard.

I got a Binzie I think it is called, Android Auto 10" head unit. My OEM CD player / head unit is giving up. I might be able to fix it but really want reverse camera, GPS built in etc..

Anyway the head unit is this one.
Binize Android Auto 10" head unit

So my issue. I can figure out how to install a double DIN to single DIN adapter, but there is NOTHING in the docs that tell me how to actually physically mount the unit, and I am seriously old school. The last aftermarket car stereo I installed was an early 90s Pioneer with both knobs and the posts are what held the stereo to the dash...

There are two L brackets that look like them are probably mounting brackets, but not sure how they mount up, or how you can access fasteners with the display in position and the display does not move... Again I opted for a 10" display so the GPS would be easy to read at a casual glance.

Anyway, any mounting advice for this, going into a 2004 - 2008 F150 would be helpful.

Last edited:

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I know you probably didn't buy it from Crutchfield, but they still might be willing to help you, their entire business model is based around the "missing manual" concept, and their customer service is the best in the industry. Perhaps return the Amazon unit and buy a replacement from Crutchfield, who provide all their own customized instructions for your specific vehicle.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Does the screen detach from the head unit? If so, then based on this picture, you screw the flat metal panel into the bezel of the dash using the four holes prominently shown in this image (assuming your factory radio is a double DIN sizes unit):
1664987148974.png

Then snap the screen into place over the metal plate

nwoods

Expedition Leader
This unit is comparable to the Amazon unit you purchased

I personally would recommend a slightly higher end version, like this:

I put an inexpensive Boss unit in my Jeep, and I like it.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Concur with Crutchfield. I think they even sell the instructions separately for those who don't buy the head unit from them, for something like $10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier