Commercial Ladder Rack for M1101

TXBK

Does anyone know of a commercial ladder rack that will work with an M1101? I am looking at a fixed mount TracRac truck bed ladder rack with 800 lbs weight capacity, but I am not home to measure my trailer. I prefer the rack to be adjustable (width-wise), and to clamp onto the rails so that I can adjust where the distance between the front and rear rack. I am in need of a temporary solution to mount my RTT, so I don't have to spend time fabricating a rack. I am strapped for time, and want to get the family outdoors.

garwhal

Observer
I have not found a ladder rack wide enough to span the M1101, and getting it to clamp would have been problematic. I had a frame welded.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427868968.927141.jpg

Last edited:

TXBK

I am going to build a rack, but I don't want to be rushed when I do it. That is why I am looking for a quick, temporary solution. After a little more thought, I may go ahead and purchase a TracRac that fits my truck and use the uprights of the rack on the trailer and fabricate some crossbars to make it work.

TXBK

I'm not sure what the exact measurement is on my trailer, I think that the capacity of that Yakima rack is probably too light for my application.

This is the rack that I am looking at. It has a 1000 lb. capactiy, and I think that I can cut and attach a steel crossbar to fit fairly easily and quickly. Clamping the rack to the trailer rails is really the only challenge, but I think it can be accomplished.

ghost0623

5196704d8635fa8b3df789d4a30a49c7.jpg

Just put it on today Vantec p3000 in 82 inches

garwhal

Observer
Hi treemite. The frame is actually welded to the tie down slings. For the tarp, it is the original tarp. But I sent it back to the company that made them and had 2 feet trimmed off and then resown. I then trimmed the bows to match the height.

JamesC

Adventurer
Hello @ghost0623

Did their standard and included c- clamp style work for all 8 - rear corner as well? Could you relay the maximum height from deck floor to the bottom of the triangulated buttress, by chance? Could I fit a 39" high kennel under the cross beam?

Thank you,

James

ghost0623

Hello @ghost0623

Did their standard and included c- clamp style work for all 8 - rear corner as well? Could you relay the maximum height from deck floor to the bottom of the triangulated buttress, by chance? Could I fit a 39" high kennel under the cross beam?

Thank you,

James
Height is adjustable from 22-29 plus cargo height so I am sure height is more than 39

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

spikemd

Explorer
5196704d8635fa8b3df789d4a30a49c7.jpg

Just put it on today Vantec p3000 in 82 inches

Awesome! Was researching this for a few days and could never figure out which ones might work. The Yakima 84 inch bars are reinforced and much stronger than the shorter bars. I want to mount a roof top tent on the bars. Tent weighs approx. 150lbs, I'm around 190, wife around 120, a kid or two may jump in so we should be under the 1000lbs. I may also get 3 bars for increased peace of mind.

I'm debating between this setup or have someone make a custom built rack similar to this:

IMG_021914.JPG

photomike72

Observer
ghost0623,

Any more photos of the mounting locations especially the rear? Also do you have any pics with risers at lowest and highest settings from the ground?

Thinking about this exact same setup and wonder how you like it.

Cheers!
Mike

Last edited:

davis31052

Adventurer
I have this same rack, minus the 45 degree flat angle under the load bar. I had to remove the vertical section in picture # 2 above so that I could get it to sit flat on my temporary expo trailer. Holds my RTT and two adults at 250lbs just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94