COMEUP Winch Official Thread

COMEUP

Supporting Sponsor - COMEUP Winches
Reminder and announcement for anyone that hasn't heard the news yet that COMEUP winches now come with an extended 5 year warranty on all electrical components! That is in addition to the 3 year standard warranty for an industry best 8 years of coverage for your winch. Now you get even more piece of mind to go along with the excellent reliability of COMEUP winches.

crazysccrmd

Observer
If you have any influence on the online sales do you think there's a chance of offering the DV9S for sale on Amazon? Using Amazon Prime is one of the only ways to get heavy items like winches shipped up to Alaska at an affordable price. The DV9 is offered through Amazon but I'd really prefer a synthetic rope winch.

COMEUP

Is that rust in the center of the pic?
This is an open cutaway to show the mechanism and is exposed to moisture. These is a fully sealed system kept away from moisture on production winches.

COMEUP

We realize that Expedition Portal isn't exactly the place for Competition Rockcrawlers, but we still are still proud to show you all our MadX winch. The MadX is designed with the Competitive rock racer in mind with the fastest no-load line speed of any single motor winch. Take a minute and check out the video in the link below.
https://youtu.be/MvRyhfkLH0Q

MOguy

Explorer
This is an open cutaway to show the mechanism and is exposed to moisture. These is a fully sealed system kept away from moisture on production winches.

As a consumer if I am deciding between two similar items, one has rust one doesn't which do you think I will find more appealing. I am not trying to be a butt, just my thoughts.

Box Rocket

As a consumer if I am deciding between two similar items, one has rust one doesn't which do you think I will find more appealing. I am not trying to be a butt, just my thoughts.
Pretty sure what they're saying is that the winch doesn't have rust, there is just some evident only because it's a cutaway and is exposed to moisture where one that you would buy isn't exposed to that moisture. NBD.
My guess is it's only the brake dust from the cone brake that quickly oxidizes when exposed to moisture, not the actual part having rust. Ever seen how quickly the brake dust on your disk brakes can get rusty even with the slightest bit of moisture? Most of the time you don't see it too much because you're constantly using your brakes but if the vehicle sits for any period of time that dust can turn rusty very fast. Does that mean your brakes are compromised? Nope.

Last edited:

MOguy

Explorer
Pretty sure what they're saying is that the winch doesn't have rust, there is just some evident only because it's a cutaway and is exposed to moisture where one that you would buy isn't exposed to that moisture. NBD.
My guess is it's only the brake dust from the cone brake that quickly oxidizes when exposed to moisture, not the actual part having rust. Ever seen how quickly the brake dust on your disk brakes can get rusty even with the slightest bit of moisture? Most of the time you don't see it too much because you're constantly using your brakes but if the vehicle sits for any period of time that dust can turn rusty very fast. Does that mean your brakes are compromised? Nope.

The rust is still there for whatever reason.

I bough a Warn winch many many many years ago because it was about the only decent option. I paid more than I should have but didn't have much of a choice because of lack of competition. Now another decent winch company comes around and creates competition. This is good for the consumer. My reason for pointing this out is not to degrade or find fault with Come Up. It is to relay my observation that I find might not make them look as good as they could.

They are competition for Warn, I like competition. Competition is good for the consumer.

Last edited:

paranoid56

Adventurer

there is rust on it, as its a raw metal part thats exposed to air and living in Oregon its got a lot of moisture in the air lol
but i can show you my warn winch with rust on it too if you like :D

MOguy

Explorer
there is rust on it, as its a raw metal part thats exposed to air and living in Oregon its got a lot of moisture in the air lol
but i can show you my warn winch with rust on it too if you like :D

Are you trying to sell your Warn winch?

I'm not warn fanboy. Theid winches are overpriced theM series cheaper whatever it is it's just another Chinese made winch. Their bumpers collect rust probably worse than any other product I've seen on an off-road vehicle. My only point is there's rust on their display item. I realize rust happens on that type of material but why would you show it off to the world?

Last edited:

paranoid56

Adventurer
Are you trying to sell your Warn winch?

I'm not warn fanboy. Theid winches are overpriced theM series cheaper whatever it is it's just another Chinese made winch. Their bumpers collect rust probably worse than any other product I've seen on an off-road vehicle. My only point is there's rust on their display item. I realize rust happens on that type of material but why would you show it off to the world?

sorry sold it when i upgrade to the comeup winch. i do have my 8274 on my fj40, but thats not going anywhere. also, dont worry, on warns cutways i see at shows theirs also has rust lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier