COMEUP Winch Official Thread

COMEUP

Supporting Sponsor - COMEUP Winches

Greetings Portal member! All of us here at ComeUp Winch are thrilled to join the Expedition Portal community as a forum sponsor and excited to give everyone a chance to get to know more about our products that we are so proud of.
ComeUp was originally based and founded in 1975 in Taipei, Taiwan under the name Chuan Phang Ent. Co. and specialized in full production of a wide range of industrial electric winches with lifting capacities of 80 - 5,000 kg and quickly became the markets leading brand with many award winning winch products.
To enlarge worldwide product distribution, in 2004 the company changed its name to COMEUP Industries Inc. and has extended products to four main categories: Automotive, Powersports, Industrial and AC Winch. In 2012 COMEUP set up the USA branch office to develop the American market and our ComeUp USA headquarters is in Clackamas, Oregon. Currently, COMEUP winches have been distributed in more than 60 countries throughout 5 continents. COMEUP offers consumers worldwide the most reliable, high performance products and is one of the world's most recognized names for the "ultimate winch solution".
ComeUp is proud to offer a wide range of Premium winches for the offroad market that we're confident will meet the demands and expectations of all offroaders. Whether you just need a winch for piece of mind on your family weekend adventures, or you are testing the limits of your vehicle in the extreme conditions of the Artic or the rainforests of Malaysia, COMEUP winches will reliably get you out of any sticky situation.
You can see our full product line of Premium winches on our website at http://comeupusa.com/
Please follow this thread for news and updates. We have a full-time forum representative who can answer questions and get you all the details you need to know about the perfect winch for your vehicle. You can also follow us on Facebook at COMEUP USA.
Look for posts in the coming weeks that will showcase some of our different winches and their features, including the AWESOME Gen 2 SEAL winches that are fully waterproof.

COMEUP

Welcome!

I've been very pleased with the 24v COMEUP winches we've been using on our JDM Land Cruiser builds including my Project LXXIV BJ74.

Thanks Kurt. We've followed the build projects from LCD and CO and have been impressed. Thanks for choosing COMEUP winches as part of those builds!

trailscape

Explorer
I looked at one of these a while back, but went another direction. One thing I really like to see with any winch offered is the availability of replacement parts. I feel more confident in the winch and company when I can order any necessary repair parts through their website. It helps with the thought that my winch might actually be a serviceable item down the road.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Thanks Kurt. We've followed the build projects from LCD and CO and have been impressed. Thanks for choosing COMEUP winches as part of those builds!

Absolutely, we have another one headed to LCD shortly for a new JDM Cruiser build :cool:

COMEUP

When you are travelling to the most remote places on the planet and in the harshest environments you want the best gear that you can count on when you really need it. ComeUp winches are the "ultimate winching solution" that have been trusted in those remote places on all 7 continents and have been trusted to get adventurers to both North and South poles. Whether you need 12v or 24v winches for your expedition around the globe or just for your weekend adventure, a winch from ComeUp is a piece of top quality gear that you can always count on.

UpperCrust

Building and Learning
Ok internet, I want some input. I'm building a large Unimog style expedition rig. My GVW is 19,500lbs but the truck was a firetruck was would be loaded with 2,500lt of water. I think my max weight will be in the 10-15,000lbs range when fully packed and loaded.

I want to place winches front and rear. Im looking at the DV-18 or Walrus 16.5. There is about $1,000 difference between the two. The Walrus is waterproof and can operate underwater (not planning on using that feature). But is waterproofness really something that is necessary? Will the regular DV series stand up in harsh conditions on (insert country name here).

COMEUP

Ok internet, I want some input. I'm building a large Unimog style expedition rig. My GVW is 19,500lbs but the truck was a firetruck was would be loaded with 2,500lt of water. I think my max weight will be in the 10-15,000lbs range when fully packed and loaded.

I want to place winches front and rear. Im looking at the DV-18 or Walrus 16.5. There is about $1,000 difference between the two. The Walrus is waterproof and can operate underwater (not planning on using that feature). But is waterproofness really something that is necessary? Will the regular DV series stand up in harsh conditions on (insert country name here).

We'd love to hear feedback from customers on questions like this. It's how we continually improve our products. However, I'll provide some input and hopefully some answers to your questions.
Here's some specs on the DV-18 http://shop.comeupusa.com/p/dv-18-12v-winch?pp=12
If you read through the spec list below you will see that keeping critical components sealed away from moisture is an important feature in all of our winches. Those sealed components, specifically the submersible sealed contactor will keep the winch functioning reliably in all harsh conditions. It is failure of those components due to moisture that can leave people stranded with lesser quality winches.

•Fast, powerful and high efficiency performance.
•Heavy duty series wound motor delivers superior torque output and faster line speed.
•Submersible sealed contactor with silver-alloy contact pads, thick copper buss bars and submersible construction ensures weather resistance.
•Patented Cone Brake Structure – “Brake outside the drum” – allows rapid heat dispersion.
•Tough Aluminum alloy housings.
•Industrial grade waterproof remote control comes with a thermometric LED indicator on the hand-held switch that automatically alerts when the motor is over-heated.
•Rugged and quiet 3-stage steel planetary gears for maximum mechanical efficiency.
•An ergonomic T-handle positively engages the free spool clutch through multiple evenly spaced locking holes for rapid rope payout. The entire clutch can be rotated to reposition the T-handle in multiple locations.
Additional specs on the DV-18:
Rated Line Pull 18,000 lbs (8,181 kg) single line
Motor 7.0 hp / 5,220 w 12V Series Wound
Gear Ratio 3-Stage Planetary 315:1
Clutch (freespooling) Rotating Ring Gear
Brake (outside the drum) Automatic, full load CBS (Cone Brake Structure)
Winch Construction Aluminum Die Cast Housing with Steel Drum
Drum Size 3.5" x 7.6" (89 x 192 mm)
Control Waterproof remote with thermometric indicator LED w/17' (5 m) cord
Rope Type 6 x 29 - IWRC
Rope Size 1/2" x 82' (12.7 mm x 25 m)
Mounting Bolt Pattern 10" x 4.5" (254 x 114 mm), 10" x 6.5" (254 x 165 mm)
Winch Weight 130 lbs (59 kg)
Gross Weight 156.5 lbs (71 kg)
Box Dimensions 27.3" x 10.4" x 16.5" (695 x 265 x 420 mm)

COMEUP

As for the Walrus model. There is an even higher level of waterproofing, as you probably are aware.
http://shop.comeupusa.com/p/walrus-16-5-12v-winch?pp=12
The specs are:
• Waterproof and dustproof construction:
• - Potted contactor and motor provide complete protection from water penetration and allow dependable operation in up to 1.8 meter of water.
• - Rubber seals at motor and gear housing joints for independent water protection
• - Double lip and spring seal at drum support racks
• - Industrial duty remote control with twist-on connector to provide total protection from water.
• Water-proof remote control with thermometric LED indicator alerts when receiving a warning signal from the motor over-heated.
• Tough aluminum die cast housings withstand strength of 2 times winch line pull at least.
• U.S. Germany, U.K. France, etc patented mechanical cone brake holds the full load without slippage.
Additional Specs:
Rated Line Pull 16,500 lb (7,484 kg)
Motor 5.8 hp / 4,325 w Series Wound
Gear Ratio 3 Stage planetary gear 343:1
Clutch (freespooling) Rotating Ring Gear
Brake (outside the drum) Automatic, full load CBS (Cone Brake Structure)
Control Box Industrial contactor is potted with epoxy resin compound
Remote Control Included (comings with protective thermal sensor LED)
Fairlead 4 way roller fairlead
Rope size 7/16" x 90' (11.1 mm x 27.4 m)
Rope Type 6 x 29 - IWRC
Drum size 3.5" x 8" (89 x 204 mm)
Cable tensioner Included
Mounting Bolt Pattern 10" x 4.5" (254 x 114.3 mm), 10" x 6.5" (254 x 165 mm)
Mounting Foot forward mounting only
Winch Weight 152.1 lb (69kg)
Gross weight 172 lb (78 kg)
Box Dimension 27.2" x 10.6" x 15.9" (690 x 270 x 405 mm)

COMEUP

The ComeUp DV looks right at home on a Unimog, if I do say so myself. :)

Harsh conditions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online