Combo Water Boiler/Furnace Heater Now Here in N. America

shade

Cobratron for President!

Someone should do something about the OP. He keeps creating all of these threads and letting people derail them. How dare he!

cobratom

Approved Vendor
As for the combi, I'm glad to hear it. Personally I wouldn't spend that much cheddar on something I have heard bad reviews on at all.

I am really disappointed that after all of this chatter you still feel you have heard bad reviews on the Truma Combi, so I have done a bit of research, and the only place I can find negative reviews on a Truma product is on Sprinter-Source. All of the issues you described are there for the Truma Aquago tankless water heater, not the combi.
This is a completely different category of product, and the issues described are for a first generation device that is only manufactured for the US market with the Truma name. Please do not confuse the two. But you are not wrong, you are just applying your opinions to the wrong product. The Aquago did indeed have some leaking and water heating issues.

kmacafee

Adventurer
I’ve had the Truma Combi in my Bundutec camper for a year now and it’s fantastic. Super quiet, sips propane and throws out a lot of heat.

Mwilliamshs

Explorer
EPA standards drive emissions compliance, it doesnt drive the ridiculous HP and torque battles for the big three. Doesn't drive NVH ETC. Saying the engine redesigns are soley driven by EPA compliance is not accurate and leaving out a crapload of other things.

I didn't say "solely" or even imply singularity of causation. I said when EPA standards change, new engines get designed to meet them. Operative term there is when.

roving1

I didn't say "solely" or even imply singularity of causation. I said when EPA standards change, new engines get designed to meet them. Operative term there is when.

That's why we get new diesel engines in light trucks every time EPA standards change: the engines are designed to those standards and it's cheaper to design a new engine each time than redesign an old one to new standards.

LOL. Yes you did. Stating "That's why..." and stating a reason more than implies it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke