Combining Plastic Jerry Water Cans

migx333

Hi,

wondering if anyone has combined multiple plastic water jerry cans and how they did it?

Im trying to fill the space in my tundra's bed with a water storage by the wheel wells to make use of all the space. Fortunately a plastic water jerry can fits perfectly in that space, I would want to fit it all there and have a sort of one big water tank made of multiple plastic jerry cans.

86scotty

Cynic
I'm confused. Are you talking about some sort of cutting and plastic welding type of apparatus? If so good luck. It will probably not be very tough.

Do you mean forward or aft of the wheel wells?

Do you mean to go across the bed from one side to the other?

4xchinook4

Observer
I think... hes talking about lining up some water Jerry's side by side by side running the length of the bed on either the front or rear side of the wheel well.

Maybe?

If this is. Youd probably would want to use a few bulk heads with some barbed fittings. At the bottom edge of each jerry. Then connect them with a food grade hose .

Pretty smart idea actually. Kind of like wiring batteries together .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

migx333

I think... hes talking about lining up some water Jerry's side by side by side running the length of the bed on either the front or rear side of the wheel well.

Maybe?

If this is. Youd probably would want to use a few bulk heads with some barbed fittings. At the bottom edge of each jerry. Then connect them with a food grade hose .

Pretty smart idea actually. Kind of like wiring batteries together .

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

YESS!! exactly!
These 5 gallon jerry cans fit perfectly to the left and right of my wheel well. 1 to the left and 2 fit to the right, thats 15 gallons in total for water storage that wouldve been almost useless storage for just clothes.

I was just going to run a water pump and theoretically it will just drain through each jerry can like connected battery cells
Image below is the idea I have to connect it to a water pump and to my AUX battery.

I like that idea of barbed fitting and a food grade hose.
What other pre-cacutions can you recommend to make those connecting points even stronger since I'll be going off road and having those cans leak would be a nightmare.

Connerv6

I keep my jerries unconnected. I cracked an aged one when a case in the back of my truck shifted and impacted my water jerry. If they were all connected, I could have lost quite a bit of water. Plus it allows me to mix and match water and gas in that space as needed. 6 cans fit perfectly length wise or 3 width wise between the wheel wells of a 2nd gen tacoma.

20180913_221123.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles