Colorado Duramax thread

Desmontes

Desmontes that a super nice truck! One question, do people typically drive around with all that farkle on there, or is it a gear up before you go kinda thing? Seems that truck is already at gvwr.

I'm retired so it's my daily driver. The MaxTrax, fuel tanks, jack, etc. stay off until we head out. The heaviest thing is the spare tire and that's just relocated. Everything else is aluminum and plastic. Total additional weight is modest. Will probably get up to weight limit when fully loaded. The four fuel tanks won't get filled until last gas station before off-road. Also, I live in Taos, NM so it's not like I'm driving it to the mall and getting valet parking. ;) . Plenty of nifty off-roadie vehicles around here but I'm really happy with all of the important bits (drivetrain, engine, etc.) being stock on mine.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Hey I drove thru Taos a few weeks ago, it was very busy downtown. I wanted to spend some time exploring between there and cimarron but we had places to be.

TwinStick

Explorer
Can someone please measure the width of the leaf springs on a ZR2 Diesel & post it ? This would be most helpful for those of us planning to tow that might need a helper spring set up, to help with the squat. Thats just the nature of flexy suspensions & towing.

Thanks

Desmontes

Hey I drove thru Taos a few weeks ago, it was very busy downtown. I wanted to spend some time exploring between there and cimarron but we had places to be.

Let me know if you get by this way again. Lots of fun things to see other than the traffic on Paseo. ;) If you're here for a day or two, there's a nice loop from Taos north to Costilla, east through the Valle Vidal and then south, coming out at Cimarron and heading back west to Taos through the Cimarron pass. Unfortunately there was a big fire there earlier this summer that shut down the Philmont Boy Scout Camp (adjacent to Cimarron) for the summer. Two pics - on the road through Valle Vidal and camped at the Cimarron Campground. I don't think the fire this year got to Valle Vidal.

Attachments

• IMG_1757.JPG
    IMG_1757.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 30
  • DSCN1569.JPG
    DSCN1569.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 30

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior