The expedition trailer almost finished

P1010159.jpg

Next step is to work on the kitchen and storage bins in the trailer. :Wow1:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
tmfournier:

What did you use for the tent deck?
What size is the dome tent?

I am thinking of making a poor mans RTT with a 7 x 7 tent and expanded metal deck.

Looks great!

tmfournier

T.M.Fournier
Mark, I used 1/2" chunk board framed in with steel angle. Wood 1"x1.5" run down the both sides of the center for strength and a opening to stow the ladder under tent floor. The tent is a Texas Sport ($30.00) 5'x7' this allows a full mattress for 2 people.

P1000960.JPG

Last edited:

hansrober

Adventurer
my m101/ dirtbike hauler

20130407_210858.jpg20130407_194237.jpg I am almost finished with the foundation. I have roof top tent coming by the weekend so the roof rack is my next priority! You guys have so many idea's and the hard work and motivation to back them up. This forum is incredible. Very motivating

hansrober

Adventurer
yes and sort of. It slides forward and up (to clear the bikes handlebars). I think it will make a great bunk and also gear storage. I felt like a sliding bunk would give me headroom forward or aft when/where needed.

hansrober

Adventurer
realy good. I pulled it on its first trip with the box on it 2 weeks ago to pick up my dirt bike. We towed about 300 miles round trip with about 25 miles of rough washboard dirt roads, all flat with some small hills. It only brought mpg down 2/3 mpg and tracked straight. The jeep is a 12 with the pentistar v6. I have a 15ft serro scotty trailer and the 101 tows lots better! I read a lot of negatives about the 101 on different forums but found for my uses they have been mostly positive or at minimum a non issue

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
The 101A@ and A3 trailers are great.

When new they cost the tax payers over $8,000.00
Love mine! Many say it is too big but behind a 2500HD it looks small.

Attachments

• DSC05287.jpg
    DSC05287.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 332

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94