Collection of Trailer Builds

andytruck

Observer
You and me both! Here's a more finished pic from the build.

rhinoliningplasticremovedfromouterfiberglass001-1.jpg
That's Mr. Brown to you.

dharmadaniel

Just found this by some miracle from a fellow down the road. These are not too common up here as it is as I understand an American M101 A1. It's all original without an operational surge/parking/trailer brake, side rails and canopy. Original 6500 lb axle and I think the run flat tubed tires with a fair amount of wear but fully functional. I have many thoughts on changes I might make in the future but for now I'll run it stock. First step is finding a good rack for the RTT and some bedliner in the box.

Thanks for the info I've found in here. Look forward to researching possibilities and hearing from all of you with experience in the M 101 A1 world.

20210405_174936.jpg

dharmadaniel

JoshN

Observer
Just found this by some miracle from a fellow down the road. These are not too common up here as it is as I understand an American M101 A1. It's all original without an operational surge/parking/trailer brake, side rails and canopy.

Thanks for the info I've found in here. Look forward to researching possibilities and hearing from all of you with experience in the M 101 A1 world.

View attachment 653556

dharmadaniel

A1s didn't have surge breaks. They were on all versions starting with the A2 though. Based on the wheels I would guess that's an early A2.

Mischief

Have you taken this down any trails, or just dirt roads? Looks like truck is the limiting factor more than the trailer. I just do not ever see cargo trailers on videos doing rock crawling, other than gravel road rocks....
No, it's not a rock crawler. Trails are for bikes ;)

billiebob

Today was finish the side tables, one on each side, up they cover the windows, down they hold beers.

Hinged off the side of the trailer with a single leg, adjusting the angle levels the table.

side table 01.jpeg

Using farm gate hardware for the hinges

side table 02.jpeg

And a 5" Carriage bolt, washers, wing nut to hold it all up.

side table 04.jpeg

Up for the road
I'm liking the protection from logging truck rocks plus I'm liking the extra security

side table 06.jpg

Last edited:

rnArmy

Adventurer
Where's the toolbox from?

Was made by a shop in NC (if I remember right it was in NC) named Diamond Deluxe.

Diamond Deluxe

I think they were sold by their parent company, Jackson Creek Mfg. So I'm not sure who would still make it now. I would check with Jackson Creek first. Essentially my trailer tub is just a big box with a hinged lid. I've been extremely happy with it.

Aluminum Dog Boxes, Live Traps, Handling Equipment (jacksoncreekmfg.com)

Check out my trailer build thread for more info. Or send me a PM if you have any specific questions - I am more than happy to help folks with their little trailer builds.

Mini Harbor Freight (type) Trailer Ultimate Build-Up Thread - JeepForum.com

Below is the spec sheet I worked out with diamond Deluxe when we were finalizing the specs and coming up with a price (extremely reasonable price) - they may still have it in their records somewhere. It was built to fit on my little 4' trailer frame I bought from Harbor Freight with a 40" x 50" base. I had it built tall so I could stack two 8-gallon action packers on top of each other and still close the lid.

Trailer plans.1 - Copy (2).jpg

Willys and trailer.7 (2).jpg

Last edited:

waktaylor

Awesome thanks! Will check out your build

Was made by a shop in NC (if I remember right it was in NC) named Diamond Deluxe.

Diamond Deluxe

I think they were sold by their parent company, Jackson Creek Mfg. So I'm not sure who would still make it now. I would check with Jackson Creek first. Essentially my trailer tub is just a big box with a hinged lid. I've been extremely happy with it.

Aluminum Dog Boxes, Live Traps, Handling Equipment (jacksoncreekmfg.com)

Check out my trailer build thread for more info. Or send me a PM if you have any specific questions - I am more than happy to help folks with their little trailer builds.

Mini Harbor Freight (type) Trailer Ultimate Build-Up Thread - JeepForum.com

Below is the spec sheet I worked out with diamond Deluxe when we were finalizing the specs and coming up with a price (extremely reasonable price) - they may still have it in their records somewhere. It was built to fit on my little 4' trailer frame I bought from Harbor Freight with a 40" x 50" base. I had it built tall so I could stack two 8-gallon action packers on top of each other and still close the lid.

View attachment 657058

tatanka48

Today was finish the side tables, one on each side, up they cover the windows, down they hold beers.

Hinged off the side of the trailer with a single leg, adjusting the angle levels the table.

Using farm gate hardware for the hinges

And a 5" Carriage bolt, washers, wing nut to hold it all up.

Up for the road
I'm liking the protection from logging truck rocks plus I'm liking the extra security

NICELY EXICUTED

"T"

Farpolemiddle

OK. I will play. Lifted 2001 Chalet Aurora on 7.00 - 15 bias ply Power Kings. Has a cassette toilet, hot water, 18 gallon pressured water tank, two burners, DC fridge with internal and external door, 8,000 BTU A/C, 2,000 watt dual fuel generator, 330 watt solar panel deleting one of the skylights, Victron controller, Renogy 1,000 watt inverter and three AGM 100 AH batteries, Maxxair fan, thermostated propane heater, Lock N roll hitch and Ark dual wheel jack. Replaced the other big skylight with a thick sheet of lexan. Waiting on my 30" Ark stabilizers since I have to use wood blocks under the stock ones for now. Currently stripping the wallpaper so the interior is half ghetto. I may add a diesel heater at some point for options. Also considering some type of swinging table made of teak attached to the outside. The wife wanted this since she will no longer RTT it. Tow rig is 1970 FJ55 or 2017 Tacoma. It leaks a little in a few places as they older Aframes tend to as they get older. I don't care that much. No way I was going to start with a new one to do all this.

Attachments

• IMG_7126.jpeg
    IMG_7126.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7127.jpeg
    IMG_7127.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 139

Frusteri4

Just started a thread for my little from scratch overland 5x9 teardrop.
44D47813-63F9-4F5E-A5DC-89AA417945E8.jpeg

Last edited:

Titan_Bow

a little update to my trailer. I added power to the trailer by installing a 100ah marine battery with a 750w inverter. I installed an external kill switch and 110ac outlet on the outside of the trailer, along with a weatherproof battery monitor. I also built a rack out of super strut so I can carry my canoe. The rack also makes a nice anchor for setting up a tarp as an awning. I plan on putting solar panels up there at some point.

New Trailer 4.JPGNew Trailer1.JPGnew trailer2.JPGNew trailer 3.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke