2f598820ac45f5c0ee41558ff8d38c6c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rath

My build is now essentially done, so here's a link to the thread and a photo

ZP6qNZmh.jpg

jeeper92

Adventurer
View attachment 572362
This is Tugger. He just crossed 20,000 miles.
Originally started as a "I wonder if I could build one myself" kind of experiment, and has basically gone through continual changes since, and will see a few more this year while still staying simple and light.
wHAT SIZE AXLE ARE YOU USING?
ABD DID YOU CHANGE THE LEAF SPRINGS?
I WANNA RUN 33S ON A HF TRAILER AND BUILD OVER THAT. JUST CURIOUS. THANKS

Justincredible

Adventurer
wHAT SIZE AXLE ARE YOU USING?
ABD DID YOU CHANGE THE LEAF SPRINGS?
I WANNA RUN 33S ON A HF TRAILER AND BUILD OVER THAT. JUST CURIOUS. THANKS
It's a 3500# axle picked up off the shelf at tractor supply. It's about a foot wider than the HF axle.
Still using the HF leaf springs, which really do nothing since they're so short, but with the tires aired down it doesn't bounce around too much on bumpy trails.

Jmanscotch

is wandering
I've got two:

5x8 enclosed

4x6 trailer with RTT

Titan_Bow

Still a work in progress. I repacked the bearings, put new tires on it, painted the frame and tub, made bows out of 3/4" conduit, and added a beer bottle opener! I'm going to have a custom canvas made for it, with a zippered flap in the back and a clear vinyl window on the front and back. Not sure, but might make an external rack over that to carry my canoe , maybe a solar panel, and Thule cargo carrier. I bought a universal Bed Rug mat that I still need to cut to fit. For camping, I plan to have 20lbs of propane, a deep cycle battery to run lights, chargers, etc. hot water heater of some sort. Im not doing a RTT, because I have a big 10x20 Turbo Tent that I really want to use more, but never had the space.
Overall, the plan is to keep it pretty simple, so Im keeping the surge brake and axle as is, at least for now. For the bows, I made these brackets out of some flat steel and drilled a hole for the conduit to fit in. Seems to be a really sturdy way to secure them, and ended up being a lot less expensive than trying to source an actual military set of bows.

Attachments

• Trailer1.JPG
    Trailer1.JPG
    293.9 KB · Views: 105
  • Trailer2.JPG
    Trailer2.JPG
    251.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Trailer3.JPG
    Trailer3.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 104
  • Trailer4.JPG
    Trailer4.JPG
    241.8 KB · Views: 99
  • Trailer5.JPG
    Trailer5.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 97

thatsagiven

Started a thread for my 5x8 cargo trailer build, big fan of lots of your work. Still a ways from being done but check it out if you have some time.

PXL_20210227_202112957.jpg

andytruck

Observer

50182358563_0ba75de88a_c.jpg
Have you taken this down any trails, or just dirt roads? Looks like truck is the limiting factor more than the trailer. I just do not ever see cargo trailers on videos doing rock crawling, other than gravel road rocks....

andytruck

Observer
All you guys with roof top tents... serious question, Im not making fun. serious
What if I built a platform on trailer and just threw my pup tent up there and tied it down? I have one that expands quickly, and though it takes another minute to put in a mattress, I end up with a roof top tent, lighter and more aero while driving.
I know RTT are nice, but I mean, its still a tent... Im not a full-timer either.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94