Coleman Campstove Oven carrying case?

rnArmy

Adventurer
I have a Coleman folding Campstove Oven I've had for years that I want to start carrying again for when I'm adventuring (relatively) light and just bringing a one-burner stove (vs. my big two burner stove/oven combo). The cardboard box is getting a little (or a lot!) worn. I couldn't find anything on the Coleman website, and my googling turned up nothing. One of these days the box is going to get wet and won't be usable anymore.

Does anyone know of anyplace that sells a carrying case or pouch (or something) to store this folding oven in so I can ditch the cardboard box? Something padded would be nice.

Attachments

• Coleman folding oven.jpg
    Coleman folding oven.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53

tatanka48

clear packing tape can be your friend here

several boxes i treasured over the years have been wrapped inside n out w/ the stuff

cut the box apart and tape the inside then reassemble it completely covering the outside

OR you can create an thin 3-piece aluminium box(held together w/ straps like an old movie film box) that opens up to turn into a wind break around the stove

T

Kevin108

Explorer
I'll measure my oven and edit this post with any relevant links, but I suspect https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com probably has a bag that will fit it.

Dimensions are 12¼ x 12 x 3. The 3" is only so because of the knob, but with some creativity, I could see a nice 12 x 12 bamboo cutting board with a slightly oversized hole in it going into the same bag.

I see two options which might work. Contact them to confirm.
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/Clear-Packing-Cube-12-x-12-p/21cpc12.htm
https://www.blueridgeoverlandgear.com/Mesh-Front-Packing-Cube-p/21cbm12x12.htm

Last edited:

jgaz

Adventurer
Almost anyone with a sewing machine should be able to help you out. Even a dry cleaner that does alterations.

I’m not sure how thick your oven is folded down but it may take only sewing something on three sides to make a pouch with a flap.

@jscherb uses Harbor Freight moving blankets to make custom, padded pouches. Their blankets won’t stand up to water but they are very inexpensive.

BritKLR

Kapitis Indagatoris
I have a Coleman folding Campstove Oven I've had for years that I want to start carrying again for when I'm adventuring (relatively) light and just bringing a one-burner stove (vs. my big two burner stove/oven combo). The cardboard box is getting a little (or a lot!) worn. I couldn't find anything on the Coleman website, and my googling turned up nothing. One of these days the box is going to get wet and won't be usable anymore.

Does anyone know of anyplace that sells a carrying case or pouch (or something) to store this folding oven in so I can ditch the cardboard box? Something padded would be nice.

What's the size? We may have a canvas bag for it www.adventuretoolcompany.com

Good luck either way! I love those ovens!

jscherb

Expedition Leader
I sewed a very simple vinyl bag for my stove. I used "arctic vinyl" from the local Joann fabric store, it stays flexible in cold temperatures. It's a very simple bag with a vinyl closure, these photos should tell all someone would need to sew one. It's a quick and easy sewing project.

StoveBag1_zps3w01w3ud.jpg

StoveBag2_zps0r8b5ip9.jpg

StoveBag3_zpskwaushyg.jpg

Last edited:

rnArmy

Adventurer
I spent a while last night taping up the box with clear tape. It will help.

I sent Blueridge Overland Gear an email to see if a Coleman folding oven would fit in their clear packing cube (pictured below). The measurements are so close; I'm hoping they've done a trial-fit at one point and can tell me it one would fit in there or not. Sometimes it comes down to fractions of an inch. Maybe they should start making one that's a little bit padded that does fit this folding oven and put it on their website as an oven bag. I like having a fabric handle at the top for pulling it out of my trailer, and it would take up less space than the carboard box.

1546808873095.png

If not, I'll bet my mother-in-law could sew me one up like jsherb's example in the previous post above (what can't jscherb do?).

Last edited:

jscherb

Expedition Leader
If not, I'll bet my mother-in-law could sew me one up like jsherb's example in the previous post above (what can't jscherb do?).

A sewing machine can be a very valuable tool for outfitting a Jeep (or other off-road vehicle) and camper, and as power tools go, it's fairly easy to master. It's my second favorite power tool, I've used it to make many storage bags, roll-up sides for my modular Jeep hardtop, mods to factory soft tops, side panels for my pop-top Jeep-tub camp trailer, Molle panels, awnings and many other things. And they don't have to be expensive, a machine capable of doing all of the things I just listed can be found used on eBay for about $100.

krick3tt

Adventurer
I have a Fold-n-go stove. might like to have one of those for myself. Have to measure the stove tomorrow to be sure. I make things on my machine but getting one ready made really works for me.

rnArmy

Adventurer

Very tempting. Looks like someone just ordered one (was that you?). I've got an email in to Blue Ridge Overland Gear, but I'm liking this one you linked. Are you going to try it with a Coleman folding oven? At that price I might have to order one just to test it out myself (in olive drab of course). And at 3.5" wide, I could put a couple other things in there (like an 8x8" baking sheet, some padding, etc.).

1546840721745.png

gunsandgearnetwork

Very tempting. Looks like someone just ordered one (was that you?). I've got an email in to Blue Ridge Overland Gear, but I'm liking this one you linked. Are you going to try it with a Coleman folding oven? At that price I might have to order one just to test it out myself (in olive drab of course). And at 3.5" wide, I could put a couple other things in there (like an 8x8" baking sheet, some padding, etc.).

View attachment 492340
Yes, I ordered one in brown for my Coleman stove.

Last edited:

ripperj

Explorer
https://frogsacks.com/
I had this guy make me a canvas bag with leather straps for a new in the box, but 35 year old Coleman stove , he did a great job, I believe he will make cases for anything.
I think I payed around $80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles