Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Nice Gold Bond,Petromax, Military. Really nice.

TralellingLanter2002640x480_zpsf476ca62.jpg

Wanna trade me for that blue/black Sears single mantle? I need it to complete my Sears set.

2014_0816_202530AA_zps60c07777.jpg

mudbutt

Explorer
Wow! There are some serious addicts....Er, I mean collectors here... The one piece of kit I refuse to leave at home when I'm camping...

.$_57 (Medium).JPG

hyperboarder

Adventurer
I have a problem, if a stove I don't have pops up on the local auction site, I can't help but bid. Won a Sears 2 burner this week for a whopping $5. Looks similar to a 425C, I believe the model is 476.72301.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Just got my model 200 all cleaned up with a new fastclip mantle on it. Now, I opened the tank and its all cruddy inside...what do i do to clean that out?

AndrewP

Explorer
Just got my model 200 all cleaned up with a new fastclip mantle on it. Now, I opened the tank and its all cruddy inside...what do i do to clean that out?

Use acetone and about 20 STEEL bb's. Very short sheet metal screws work too. Then you shake it for as long as you can stand. Pour off the liquid, retrieve the bb's or screws with a magnet, and carry on. You may find in the end, it's better to do the tank clean and then pull the valve components and clean those with brake cleaner. After you do that, you have basically a new lantern.

Buckshot62

Observer
Use acetone and about 20 STEEL bb's. Very short sheet metal screws work too. Then you shake it for as long as you can stand. Pour off the liquid, retrieve the bb's or screws with a magnet, and carry on. You may find in the end, it's better to do the tank clean and then pull the valve components and clean those with brake cleaner. After you do that, you have basically a new lantern.
My 426B tank is nasty inside, am I correct in thinking this will also clean it out ?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
ok, I will give that a try, at the moment, I pumped it a bit, and now noise came through the valve so I think im in for a full dissasembly..

AndrewP

Explorer
My 426B tank is nasty inside, am I correct in thinking this will also clean it out ?

Yes, but there's different degrees of clean out. It will clean the tank very well. You will still need to rinse with Coleman fuel numerous times to get the loose bits out. But you can really renew it by pulling the valve components and cleaning those with brake cleaner or you solvent of choice.

I highly recommend the Old Coleman Parts website and go to the rebuild section. You can get a Coleman stove back to original form in a few hours, and it will work like that for years.

https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/resources/re_stove.php

Buckshot62

Observer
Yes, but there's different degrees of clean out. It will clean the tank very well. You will still need to rinse with Coleman fuel numerous times to get the loose bits out. But you can really renew it by pulling the valve components and cleaning those with brake cleaner or you solvent of choice.

I highly recommend the Old Coleman Parts website and go to the rebuild section. You can get a Coleman stove back to original form in a few hours, and it will work like that for years.

https://www.oldcolemanparts.com/resources/re_stove.php
I have already made 2 orders from them and looks like a 3rd will be necessary. This disease is terrible... picked up a 413C,A 425D and a 6-72 Sears lantern in the last few weeks ! (and a friend just gave me a Coleman catalytic heater )

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles