Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Looks like a red Canadian 220 on the right. What are the other two red ones? I see you're in Switzerland, are these European models?
I have a green 200a also - love it.
You're right about the 220E
The left red lantern is a 335 and in the middle there's a 286.
They were produced in smaller numbers and only a short period, but no export models as far as I know.

Buckshot62

Observer
Lit my 200A,220J AND A 1972 SEARS 2 MANTLE ( can't remember the model # as it's long !) tonight in the back yard. Sat out there and enjoyed a beer while watching the lanterns burn.The wife thinks I have lost my mind for sitting in the backyard enjoying them.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Anyone know if I should just pick up a $50 propane Coleman lantern from Walmart or pick up a used one? Are the used ones better or should I just go new with a case. Was looking at a 2000 and 2500 Lumen one. Probably get the 2000 one since I won't run them at full anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crusaderJK

Adventurer
Lit my 200A,220J AND A 1972 SEARS 2 MANTLE ( can't remember the model # as it's long !) tonight in the back yard. Sat out there and enjoyed a beer while watching the lanterns burn.The wife thinks I have lost my mind for sitting in the backyard enjoying them.

Well, I guess there's things that you call your wife crazy for. So you're even.... ;)

MrWesson

Adventurer

huachuca

Adventurer
Anyone know if I should just pick up a $50 propane Coleman lantern from Walmart or pick up a used one? Are the used ones better or should I just go new with a case. Was looking at a 2000 and 2500 Lumen one. Probably get the 2000 one since I won't run them at full anyways.

No experience with Coleman's propane lanterns but their Northstar dual fuel has been rock solid for us for several years and I believe the propane version has many of the features I like - electronic ignition, clip on mantles, adjustable, metal globe guard cage and porcelain vent cap. Looks like the Walmart price around here is $41.48 and you'll need to add a case to that.

I have several liquid fuel Coleman lanterns, none over 1200 lumens, and any of them put out more light than we need. The soft shell cases seem to work better for us but, whatever you get, make sure it model specific to your lantern.

$20-$30 with case seems to be the going price on craigslist with the northstar model being fairly rare.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
No experience with Coleman's propane lanterns but their Northstar dual fuel has been rock solid for us for several years and I believe the propane version has many of the features I like - electronic ignition, clip on mantles, adjustable, metal globe guard cage and porcelain vent cap. Looks like the Walmart price around here is $41.48 and you'll need to add a case to that.

I have several liquid fuel Coleman lanterns, none over 1200 lumens, and any of them put out more light than we need. The soft shell cases seem to work better for us but, whatever you get, make sure it model specific to your lantern.

$20-$30 with case seems to be the going price on craigslist with the northstar model being fairly rare.

Good info. Thanks.

I'll look around CL as they seem to be half the price of the new stuff.

Any of these look like a good deal
https://fresno.craigslist.org/spo/5839349545.html

I'll add some of these new ones on the list and see what you guys think. Both come with cases. Not sure if it's best to buy with case or get them separately.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Nort...id=1477616780&sr=1-6&keywords=Coleman+lantern

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Two-..._feature_keywords_three_browse-bin:6034779011

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Hit up yard sales too. Last year I picked up a 288 dual mantle white gas lantern, in a case, for $5. Earlier that morning I had picked up a 413g dual burner stove, barely used, also for $5.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Hit up yard sales too. Last year I picked up a 288 dual mantle white gas lantern, in a case, for $5. Earlier that morning I had picked up a 413g dual burner stove, barely used, also for $5.

Saturday is coming up and yard sales happen!! Thanks.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
I stopped in a pawn shop yesterday and saw a Coleman lantern by the door. It was sitting on top of a Action Packer and when I opened it up, it was filled with Coleman Stoves and lanterns.

Here's what I got for $25. I'm not showing the Gaz lanterns that were in the box as well.

Chad

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4771.jpg

IMG_4770.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz