Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

jeep-N-montero

Expedition Leader
We currently own 7 vintage Coleman canvas tents, about 9 stoves, 3 lanterns, 4 steel belted and 3 plastic coolers, and I am likely forgetting some other things. Man I need to have a garage sale....

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Longtime Coleman collector, nothing super exotic but I do have some neat early lanterns and stove models as well as some neat family heirlooms fromantic both my parents (two burner that was their wedding present) and a nice 200A that was my wife's grandparents. I still use the lanterns on some trips in fact we do a run every year where only antique camp gear is welcome. My goto stove is a Kamp Kitchn. Going rate on a Colman appliance... about $5

OverlandZJ

Expedition Leader
My son found an old unused Coleman Lantern still in it's box a few years back... told him to leave it as such.

I have a few older stoves, one 3 burner and a 2burner dual fuel. Couple propane lanterns that I don't use, a steel belted cooler and recently 2x Coleman Colorado's.

The Colorado, and the dual fuel stove will probably be the only ones that survive my next clearance.

Wilbah

Adventurer
FWIW Walmart.com has all Coleman stuff (except lanterns) on closeout prices right now. pretty good savings on stoves etc. I know its not their antique stuff but for anyone needing a new stove or Coleman cooler. :)

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
I've got a couple of 413 stoves but I have to admit that when we go camping we use propane - just so much easier (especially since we have the adapter that lets us run the propane stoves off of the 20lb propane bottle on the trailer.)
I'm still searching for the elusive single-mantle blue/black Sears to complete my blue/black Sears trio.

Petrolburner

Explorer
I just picked up a stove/grill combo, new/never used in a beat up box from my local outdoor gear consignment store. It's certainly not old, but it's an older version of what they make now so it cost less and is probably built better.

Untitled by Trevor Stellrecht, on Flickr

Kerensky97

Xterra101
People always say the new coleman stoves are inferior quality to the old ones but I finally bought a new '16 425 since I was tired of constantly borrowing my parents old '75 413 and the build quality is the same.
I actually think the burner quality on the new 425 is better, but the sheet metal is exactly the same (thin before, thin now). My only gripe is the redesign of the hinges seem a little "floaty" but the expansion they allow allows me to pack my griddle in the stove so it may be for the best.

I think the 1960s colemans were a bit tougher but it seems the "recent cost cutting" people gripe about happened before 1975. So just get yourself a stove and go with it.

ChadHahn

Adventurer
Here are two of my latest Coleman finds. A 413G stove made in 1/72 and a 220k lantern from 5/82. The mantles were both in good shape until I got it home :(

IMG_4604.jpg

Chad

dcg141

Adventurer
A few of our favorite things...

coleman_zpsngmhmwaw.jpg

Who makes that table set?

Retired Tanker

Explorer
Ok, Coleman aficionados;

I've got a dual burner "PerfectFlow" stove that sounds like a 747 at full throttle with the valves barely open. Makes it virtually impossible to cook anything except steaks and to boil water. Rather quickly, but still...

Is there any way to throttle that puppy back and make the flames more controllable?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles