Coleman Addiction.....for pesants. ha ha ha!

s.e.charles

could a two burner stove (propane) have one burner blocked off/ removed, so it would become a single burner? I would only want it for heating water, and any backpacker stove I've ever used was an exercise in tip-fear. thanks

1531843223553.png

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
could a two burner stove (propane) have one burner blocked off/ removed, so it would become a single burner? I would only want it for heating water, and any backpacker stove I've ever used was an exercise in tip-fear. thanks
You could always just not light the 2nd burner. I can't imagine the tiny weight savings of removing the 2nd burner assembly would be worth the hassle.

Martinjmpr

Wiffleball Batter
Anybody here fans of the 242 series? I have about 4 of them but sadly, I can't get any of them to hold pressure. I know I probably need to take them apart and replace the dried out rubber gaskets but I just have too many other things on my plate now.

Attachments

dcg141

Adventurer
Anybody here fans of the 242 series? I have about 4 of them but sadly, I can't get any of them to hold pressure. I know I probably need to take them apart and replace the dried out rubber gaskets but I just have too many other things on my plate now.
I have a 202 but none of the early single mantles. I know the singles are way easier to take apart than the dual mantles. I always put new pump leather cup and cap gaskets in mine. Usually a new generator also. Once you get the hang if it they rebuild pretty easy. The singles btw tend to sell for much higher prices that the duals.

Last edited:

Buckshot62

Observer
Martin the two easiest fixes for not holding pressure are : #1 replace the fuel cap gasket.( I have 10 of these I got in a package deal and only have one 242 lantern.).
#2 replace the pump cup. These are cheap easy fixes that don't cost much or take much time to do. Send me a pm with your address and I will mail you a fuel cap gasket, as I have way more than I need.

goin camping

Explorer
Two ways to go with Coleman.

Get the rare and cool stuff for bucks... or garage sale lotto. I went with garage sale lotto.

Stove is a two burner from the 50's for $3.00 and it works great.

Latern is a duel fuel from Walmart. It too works great.

Tent heater from Dad. Gotta love burnt avocado as a color.

Have been searching for a Coleman oven. No luck yet but there is always another garage sale.

Been using the same gear for decades. Love the way it just keeps working. Also love the day I was in Walmart and they were having a sale on gallons of Coleman fuel for $6.00 each. I got twelve and have only used two over the last 10 years. Amazing how much fuel stoves and lanterns don't use.