Colb's Red Rover

morrisdl

Adventurer
Looks like a nice improvement to approach angle too. Just curious, how does the cost of custom compare to something off-the-shelf?

colb45

Observer
Looks like a nice improvement to approach angle too. Just curious, how does the cost of custom compare to something off-the-shelf?

Being in Canada, with our conversion to USD then shipping (which is astronomical for large items). I am not really sure dollar for dollar, had a different vision than what most bumpers had on the market.

colb45

Observer
Current Project - Distribution block for power on the drivers side and relay block. This will then power the twin arb compressor, Light bars, ARB Linx system and any other future mods.

My number one goal with this project is to keep it as hidden as possible. So far pretty happy with the work.

First yanked the battery out and pulled back all the wiring harness covering so I could snake the 4 gauge power run through and my 3 strands of cat6 which ill run to the rear of the truck (used as signal wires for the ARB linx various modules and future ones as they come out).

IMG_1291.jpg

Then I took apart the driver side "secondary battery box" so i could bold down my distribution block

57083234218__4E144FF3-2648-4E1E-93AC-3CFD292158F0.jpg

With it bolted in and starting to mock up the power

IMG_1293.jpg

Another picture with the ARB linx system mounted

IMG_1294.jpg
(no idea why this photo has rotated)

Top shot of the 4 Gauge power wire and cat6, was able to stuff it in the OEM harness area.

IMG_1388.jpg

Then all closed up, only thing that is exposed is the 50amp breaker and a bit of the 4gauge line

IMG_1389.jpg

Just have to finish wiring up the relay block and the ARB linx signal wires. Also got the smokerless delete kit for my dash, ash tray was broken closed for the last 3 years, also threw in a couple of bluesea USB ports for additional power and too many ram mounts (pics to come). Then the next project is running another secondary power line to the rear of the truck to an additional distribution block to charge my secondary battery system and run my various accessories and what not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles