Co-opski’s Last Frontier Build

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
20170608_075135small.jpg
Well at 273,000 miles I have to put the Last Frontier out to pasture. On my last firewood gathering trip into the mountains she went into limp mode and I'm still working things out, but in the mean time I picked up a low mileage Toyota T100. Funny thing is I just got new xterra fenders and was picking up a Gen 1.5 2004 bed to make the Nissan rust free.

mortonm

Expedition Leader
View attachment 404268
Well at 273,000 miles I have to put the Last Frontier out to pasture. On my last firewood gathering trip into the mountains she went into limp mode and I'm still working things out, but in the mean time I picked up a low mileage Toyota T100. Funny thing is I just got new xterra fenders and was picking up a Gen 1.5 2004 bed to make the Nissan rust free.

Sad to see her go, but it happens to them all

My xterra is likely living her last summer with me.

Make sure you post up a new thread if you make one or at least a few pictures of the new ride

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
I sure will most likely in the Toyota Taco sub-forum. I keep getting the code for the Torque Converter Lockup Sensor and the Throttle Poss Sensor. If it was just the TPS I would be back on the road but the TCLS is more of a pain to get too. The fender swap was going to look so good too I still may do it.

Tonight I'm putting the Cooper Stt on the T100 and the worn old 15 inch Bridgestone onto the Nissan. The Yakama Rack 66 inch bars are going on the shell this weekend. I may part out some of the harder to find parts or aftermarket from the Nissan like the Manual Hubs, Husky Liners, Yakama towers that were made for Frontiers and Xterras, Marathon seat covers, and the AEM CAI.

stioc

Expedition Leader
Heck after 273k miles most of us will go into limp mode LOL! She's done good and good to see an update.
Congrats on the T100, put the new build thread in your sig.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Looking to part out some goodies from the Last Frontier. PM me if you are interested I can work with you before I put them on Craigslist locally.

Yakima X-towers two pair that work with Discos, X-terra and Frontiers. No bars unless you are Alaska local and I have some 66" round bars. Stock photo mine work and upgraded to stainless steel bolt and hardware but anodizing is sun faded. yakima1s.jpg
front seat covers from Marathon in Mossy Oak Duck Blind made in Montana with Cordura fabric.http://www.marathonseatcovers.com/
AEM Brute Force cold air intake (CAI) used condition. Sold
Bilstein steering dampener used and worn. Sold
Locals only
Gray Husky Liners front and rear. Would be cost prohibitive to ship out of AK.Sold
5 235/85R16 Cooper SST on Isuzu alloy wheels.
2000 Nissan Frontier 270,000 miles mechanic special or part out on your own. Bilstein shocks, Old Man Emu HD Rear leaf springs, one piece drive shaft (carrier bearing delete), Nissan manual 4wd hubs, Xterra fenders and paint to match, Grassroots centerlink, ect.

Last edited:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Well update on what is in my driveway. Lets just say the T100 lasted a whole 3 weeks. Ugg. I had to take a trip home behind Cheddar Curtain in the cheese belt to help my family in August. When I was gone my wife was driving the T100 and she called me from the side of the road about 60 miles from home telling me the engine is knocking really bad. So from Wisconsin I worked with her to get a tow home. The next week I get the truck into my mechanic (Green Tree Fabrication) that is a specialty Toyota shop that has been working with me and the Nissan for the last 6 years. The diagnosis was a spun crank rod bearing and knocking from the lower end of the 5vz-fe and they were blown away that this happened on this low mileage truck (129K). So a few phone calls and I find a low mile 5vz-fe automatic with full wiring harness and ecm from a 2001 4runner to swap into the T100. In the mean time I picked up a Cache Camper for the T100. These are like an Alaskan version of a Callen Camper for ya'll in the West. So now I have a broken Frontier, T100 a camper, broken Subaru and a 68 F250 that a good friend let me drive for the time being in the driveway. My wife would not even attempt to drive the F250 with the 460 and 3 speed I don't blame her. I was still two weeks from getting the new motor in the T100 and my wife was ready to go camping. So she said "lets get a new truck". Well now I have a 2011 Tundra TRD parked in my Alaskan junk show of a driveway. The Subaru is fixed with 278K on the clock it just needed a new radiator. Once I get the rigs sorted out I'll post some better pictures. Here is my wife and her sister cheering ol'blue.
View attachment 417581
View attachment 417582

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles