Co-opski’s Last Frontier Build

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Co-opski, quick question for ya... What is the length of that green canoe in lot of your pictures? Looks like a beautiful boat!

The canoe is 17 feet and the tandem kayak is 22 feet. I need to get both in the water some more this summer.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Still alive and the days are getting longer, welcome the midnight sun. The fat biking and hanging in the biking forum is new. First full winter on it. Skiing has been the worst I've ever seen it and I lived in the upper Midwest for most of my life. So I don't think I can call myself a ski bum anymore.
Just fuelled up on Fuelly and I noticed I've put more than $21k through the gas tank. Truck is running well. May need some new suspension bushings this summer but the bilsteins and Ol' Man Emu are going strong. 246k miles on the clock now.

winter 14n15 088small.jpg
winter 14n15 195small.jpg

Last edited:

Allof75

Pathfinder
Bringing up an old thread here, hope you're doing well Co-opski. I was watching Alaska State Troopers on Nat Geo, and recognized your truck, or more aptly your roof rack. Here's a pic, I forgot exactly where they said they were, but it was near the Glenn Highway. :sombrero:

532FC02F-D596-4B2D-9BA1-95577FB438B5_zps3hrcnqzz.jpg

mortonm

Expedition Leader
Bringing up an old thread here, hope you're doing well Co-opski. I was watching Alaska State Troopers on Nat Geo, and recognized your truck, or more aptly your roof rack. Here's a pic, I forgot exactly where they said they were, but it was near the Glenn Highway. :sombrero:

532FC02F-D596-4B2D-9BA1-95577FB438B5_zps3hrcnqzz.jpg

Hahahha this is amazing

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Funny thing is I've been told about that sighting. I've been on Nat Geo's AKST show twice before also. Once I was a volunteer crossing guard at our 4th of July festival and I got 2 seconds of fame working a crosswalk and the other time I was working a chain saw crew opening up a dirt road back in a mountain pass. One neighbor did not like the other so he cut down multiple trees to block the road for everyone that lived up in the mountains. I spent the day with the troopers and the film crew. The troopers kept the angry fella on his porch as I bucked up 8 big cottonwoods. It got political, some how everything up here is and Nat Geo was told they could not show that episode. It was a shame I had told my family and friends to look for that show.

Went for a 1000 mile road trip up the Dalton Hwy (Haul Road) past the Arctic Circle and turned around in Atigun Pass on the North Slope over Solstice weekend. I was able to bag a peak solo in the Brooks Range just east of the Chandler Shelf. Not much for wildlife sighting, but it was the Kentucky Derby of Horse Flies. I saw a bunch of overlanders on the route ranging from people walking and biking from the Arctic Ocean to South America to BWM motorads and Toyota Highaces and fj70s. I was burnt out at the pass and did not want to go 450 miles to Deadhorse, just to turn around and drive 900 mile home.

25 hours into the trip I found a little teacup dog running down the highway and took him to the nearest truck stop 12 miles down the road. I was hanging out there making a found dog poster and chatting it up with the lady's at the counter. Just when a miner on an ATV pulled in to fill up. Our interactions went like this; "You from around here?" "yup" "do your neighbors have a lil' dog?" " I got a lil' dog". So I open the truck door and the dog runs over to his ATV and jumps on the seat. The miner asked where I found fluffy? I told him he was running down the road toward camp (that is what they call truck stops) 12 miles back. Fluffy is back to living the life off the grid mining for gold under the midnight sun and the miner said he will not leave him at home anymore and will bring him to camp for his supply runs.
BTW Fluffy should have looked like this
images.jpg
but he looked like this
images1.jpg

I'll get some pictures up soon.

Last edited:

Allof75

Pathfinder
That's really interesting about the Nat Geo show, sorry to hear some of the details of another episode didn't work out. What a funny thing to be featured in.

The Alcan Highway sounds like such an incredible road, I'm planning a trip on it next summer actually. Glad you were able to get some hiking in. Any suggestions or tips on making the trip? I was thinking of just making it up to Deadhorse via the Alcan.

Major props on finding the miner's dog by the way. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles