Co-opski’s Last Frontier Build

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Now I'm trying to track down the spherical bearing to press into the centerlink or I just may go back to stock and save for a Calmini or SLR. My shop is trying to sell me on the Total Chaos system but for that price I just may SAS the beast. Dang I may need a 2nd job.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Now I'm trying to track down the spherical bearing to press into the centerlink or I just may go back to stock and save for a Calmini or SLR. My shop is trying to sell me on the Total Chaos system but for that price I just may SAS the beast. Dang I may need a 2nd job.

The Calmini system seems to be a pretty bulletproof system. SLR isn't around anymore, but it is possible to find kits still. Although it's been awhile since I've seen one for sale anywhere. People tend to like them. I'm sorry I got into the game a while after he stopped making stuff.

Haha! SAS is a bit... extreme for your uses.

Jack Stilts

Subaru Ambassador

Any update on this?

I have the TC kit and lemme tell ya...it's beefy. I could dent a moose skull with the tie rods.

qroberts7

Awesome build. Your frontier looks great. I recently bought a 2003 frontier that will be set up for overlanding and i was wondering if you did any of the transmission cooler bypass mods or just kept it stock? From what I've read it was really only an issue on the 05-08 frontiers but i have seen some posts that said it should be done on Gen 1's as well.

wreckdiver1321

Overlander
Awesome build. Your frontier looks great. I recently bought a 2003 frontier that will be set up for overlanding and i was wondering if you did any of the transmission cooler bypass mods or just kept it stock? From what I've read it was really only an issue on the 05-08 frontiers but i have seen some posts that said it should be done on Gen 1's as well.

I have had a 2003 CC and I've never had an issue.

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
winter 14 2 001.jpg

That is correct, I have left it stock. I could have added an external trans cooler to my system as one was offered up to me, but I passed as we never see temp above 80 here in the summer and my driving is not towing or crawling.

Last edited:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
hahaha I know I'm alive and thawed out. I've been neglecting the truck lately. Other than the new shoes last fall and I've put some work into the steering kit but got that taken care of. No new mods, I need to re-wire my GPS and scangauge soon but next should be the power steering hoses and clamps, they are needing some work, they are weeping a bit of fluid. I did find a new 2004 bed that I may slap on that is not rusty as mine is, price is right problem is it is blue. 235k miles

Last edited:

Co-opski

Expedition Leader
Any update on this?

I have the TC kit and lemme tell ya...it's beefy. I could dent a moose skull with the tie rods.

I ended up putting the same bearings in and new washers and bolts. Grassroots was helpful in tracking down part numbers but that is about it.

MTWheeler

Observer
Co-opski, quick question for ya... What is the length of that green canoe in lot of your pictures? Looks like a beautiful boat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz