Clutch’s deep thoughts thread...

01tundraAC

1CE4ECD1-B897-4B01-8D92-428A902C3571.jpeg
Seems to be a wealth of knowledge in this thread and a good place for random questions. Anyone know the offset of these 16x7 steel wheels? Picked them up off CL for cheap.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
View attachment 489632
Seems to be a wealth of knowledge in this thread and a good place for random questions. Anyone know the offset of these 16x7 steel wheels? Picked them up off CL for cheap.
It's hard to tell for sure but they look to be 16 holes that are all round, probably from a 95-04 Tacoma or 96-02 4Runner. If so they will have about 4.625" of backspacing. There are similar looking wheels from 05-on Tacomas that have 5.25" of backspacing and are easily identified because the hole by the valve stem is an oval.

Last edited:

GB_Willys_2014

100% agree with this. Rented a Frontier once in Jersey. Always been a fan of the exterior... but after renting, I think the interior could use some updating. Overall, though, seemed like a solid truck.

Yeah. I rented one also just a bit ago, and it was a pleasant surprise: an honest truck that drove really well.

Clutch

<---Pass
Spotted that FJ45 I knew of, coming back from the desert.

48415267_10156961229904630_2940130479635955712_n.jpg

49213029_10156961229939630_7430999699387056128_n.jpg

Last edited:

Arktikos

Explorer

Offset or backspacing? You can calculate either with a tape measure. RE: Nissan vs. Toyota, probably a rare exception but I actually preferred my hardbody truck to my Toyota, '95 vs. '92.

Dalko43

Explorer
Was thinking of getting new one when I retire in 4ish years, but doubtful. At the point, is seeing how far I can push this one.

Maybe if you get it to 600k miles, you can convince Toyota to give you a factory-refurbished T-100, kind of like that guy with the million mile Tundra.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Maybe if you get it to 600k miles, you can convince Toyota to give you a factory-refurbished T-100, kind of like that guy with the million mile Tundra.
I drove by an old toyota dealer the other day thats been closed for years. It reminded me of the time I was walking the lot looking at a row of new T-100s. Man that was a long time ago.

Clutch

<---Pass

That would cool...what would be cooler is to do a factory refresh on my truck. It has been all over the Western US and into Mexico...lotsa of memories, darn near apart of me now.

Always wanted an early 80's pickup too. Would take a fully restored one of those. As for how much I look at new trucks, they just don't do it for me.

Saw this one driving the opposite direction on the interstate yesterday coming into town.

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/mccall-1981-toyota-pickup/6800247777.html

00Q0Q_6yGOZBz1xne_600x450.jpg

Pretty sad, if given the offer I would take a fully restored early 80's pickup over a 3rd Gen Taco in a heart beat.

Just something so right about those old trucks.

1983-toyota-4x4-sr5-truck-2-jpg.497094

Last edited:

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
I’m in the midst of a full fledged fiasco (FFF?) with my local Toyota dealer. They’ve screwed up the same job on my 100 series 3x now, and this last time it came out of the shop with two paint chips to bare metal going under the front windshield (the reason this all started was corrosion around the windshield so I had them remove it so it could be taken to bare metal and properly sealed and painted with the glass out), and a golf ball size dent in my fender.

At one point during the FFF, they gave me a 2018 Tacoma Off-road Pacakge to drive. It truly WAS a TuRD! Even my wife who loves shiny and new (her first truck was an ‘01 Taco dblcab with Off-road package), could not get the 20 year old LC back fast enough! Since the dealer had the 100 again in an attempt to try and repair the current fvck-up, she was offered the Tacoma again for her 200 mile drive to work in the snowy mountains. She looked at the 30 year old 4Runner and said “can I take that?” Alas the furthest I’ve driven it is 20 mins away at this point and I’m not sending her out into the world in an unknown vehicle. At least not alone, and in 10* weather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier