Clutch’s deep thoughts thread...

bkg

Explorer
That is for damn sure! :p

It is usually right after strapping something down and then muttering to yourself: "That ain't going anywhere..." :p

somewhere I have a picture of a busted 3" strap that I found while towing my xtracab to Rapid City for BHCC2017... Drove at least 150 miles with no front strap on the truck...

Towing the 4runner back to MN with a 94 4Runner... really, really dumb idea. Everyone haaated me in Nebraska (NE is ***NOT*** flat... ).. 80mph down hills... 30 mph up hills.

phsycle

Adventurer
I have... It was fine under 45mph. :)

You must’ve been on flat ground, too. :D

I priced out an extra cab 4X4 on their website. Under $30K with rear seat delete and no locker. Ford does incentives where Toyota does not, so might be able to get it even cheaper. certainly peaks my interest. Reliability is a wildcard at this point. I would be out of warranty in 2-3 years for how much I drive.

I doubt they would get too crazy for a few months. But Ford does discount like crazy. You’ll see 5-10% off MSRP for Toyota. For Ford, it’s more like 20-25%.

Reactions: bkg

Wallygator

Adventurer
It's gonna be interesting to see how much they water down the Ranger for the US market. You can almost guarantee it won't be as stout as the Australian version....so sick of it! An why no diesel option??:rolleyes:

tacollie

Glamper
I'm actually interested in the 2.3 i4. I think it has potential. Prices on Ford's website seem solid. Not that it matters. Clutch is going to buy a truck before me!

Clutch

<---Pass
I doubt they would get too crazy for a few months. But Ford does discount like crazy. You’ll see 5-10% off MSRP for Toyota. For Ford, it’s more like 20-25%.

Give it a year after the initial hype, is what I am thinking.

It's gonna be interesting to see how much they water down the Ranger for the US market. You can almost guarantee it won't be as stout as the Australian version....so sick of it! An why no diesel option??:rolleyes:

You would think they would, to go head to head with GM. And to lure Toyota guys over, since they have been asking for a diesel from Toyota for years.

I'm actually interested in the 2.3 i4. I think it has potential. Prices on Ford's website seem solid. Not that it matters.

Numbers do look good on the EcoBoost. Curious what the gas mileage is going to be.

Clutch is going to buy a truck before me!

Maybe...one more year of waiting to go.

Clutch

<---Pass
Looks like Toyota has a new "SX" package that can be ordered on the SR's. Looks like you can now get the V6 in the SR ACLB, didn't think you could before, had to order the DCSB to get the V6.

https://www.thecarconnection.com/ne...ota-tacoma-4runner-and-tundra#image=100672539

"The SX package costs $560 and adds black fender flares, mirror caps, door handles, headlight bezels, and 16-inch alloy wheels. The package is optional on the base Tacoma SR trim level with either rear- or four-wheel drive and can be had in one of six exterior colors."

There are the black fender flares and 16" wheels that I wanted @phsycle

2019-Toyota-Tacoma-SX-Package-parked-in-open-field_o.jpg

phsycle

Adventurer
Looks like Toyota has a new "SX" package that can be ordered on the SR's. Looks like you can now get the V6 in the SR ACLB, didn't think you could before, had to order the DCSB to get the V6.

https://www.thecarconnection.com/ne...ota-tacoma-4runner-and-tundra#image=100672539

"The SX package costs $560 and adds black fender flares, mirror caps, door handles, headlight bezels, and 16-inch alloy wheels. The package is optional on the base Tacoma SR trim level with either rear- or four-wheel drive and can be had in one of six exterior colors."

There are the black fender flares and 16" wheels that I wanted @phsycle

2019-Toyota-Tacoma-SX-Package-parked-in-open-field_o.jpg

Yup, well worth the $560. Too bad no manual in that trim.

Buddha.

Finally in expo white.
We have those new tacomas at work as patrol vehicles. They're a couple years old now with like 60-80k on the odometer. Interior trim on the trucks is starting to look pretty crappy but the trucks are occupied and running 24/7. I've done more offroading in those things than anything else I've ever driven, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles