cloths

punisher1130

Adventurer
I apologize if this post seems a little stupid but it is something that has crossed my mind so I figure I would ask. basically I would like to know if there is specific clothing for expedition/adventuring or is it just wear what is comfortable. Personally I love Dickie's ( comes from my mechanic experiences) they are comfortable and very durable, and good for any weather climate at least in the southern states, hell I have pants back from when I was in school and they still as good as anything new, but the biggest potential problem I can see is, they are not very waterproof ( I know this because I have been caught in Florida downpours and still got pretty wet underneath) and I don't think they are very windproof in the since of cold weather . So I looked into other clothing and found cloths that are wind and water proof and cost the same as my Dickie's so my questions are these.

Are the waterproof and windproof cloths worth getting?

Are they as comfortable, durable and versatile as Dickie's?

Or should I stick with Dickie's and just invest in waterproofing spray and figure something else out for wind? ( or if someone has experience with then in windy and cold weather how well do they work in windy cold weather to give ideas to prep Dickie's for that)

brushogger

Explorer
The Dickies are perfectly fine. For wind and rain, get some waterproof bibs to go over them. I wouldn't worry about expo approval status.

punisher1130

Adventurer
Works for me. The expo status is just what came to mind to help explain what I was trying to as, didn't know how to say what I was thinking properly so that was my best shot. Would you say waterproof bibs are better then the spray? I have seen this stuff that comes in a spray bottle that is advertised to just spray onto your cloths and it makes them waterproof, does that stuff actually work or is it a bunch of bs?

brushogger

Explorer
It works but it doesn't stay on long. 1 or 2 washings at the most. I got a great deal on some gortex bibs and a shell at Bass Pro at a Black Friday sale. I just need to find some Ex-Officio patches large enough to cover the Bass Pro logos.

punisher1130

Adventurer
lol ok bibs it is then. Have you tried amazon for your patches? They have TONS that may catch your fancy, even one's you can label to say anything you want it to say.

brushogger

Explorer
I was just being smart ***** about the patches. As long as the product is durable and works the brand makes no difference to me.

punisher1130

Adventurer
Oh lol ok, I agree, function over fashion, don't want to buy something that will leave me high and dry, or in this case wet lol.

brushogger

Explorer
It's a morphed word created by joining "tactical" and "cool", usually referring to expo gear with a military bent.

punisher1130

Adventurer
Couple of sites camp up with that as the actual name but they were nothing but t-shirts that's why I asked, but I have no problems using military clothing, they are my 2nd choice after Dickies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles