Closet cleaning w/ GPS, camping gear, knives, holsters

robert

Expedition Leader
It’s time to clean out the closet and get rid of some of the gear I don't use. I've got pictures I can send but don't currently have an image hosting service after the photobucket debacle. All items are in SC, shipping outside of CONUS please contact me so I can figure out what it costs.

Knives:
Camping gear:
Shooting gear:
Other:
  • Wilson Electronics cell phone booster 811201 https://www.wilsonamplifiers.com/direct-connect-in-line-amplifier-w-dc-20db-811201/, comes with power cord, antenna, phone plug (for phones with an external antenna plug) and inductive (stick-on) adapter, I used this with Verizon so it's CDMA and should also work with Sprint. good condition. $40/shipped
  • Garmin Nuvi 500. Sold my bikes, no longer need this GPS. Very good condition with no scratches. Software is up to date but maps will need updating. Comes with Case Logic case, Garmin cigarette lighter power cord and hard mount power cord and several mounts including RAM mount for handlebars. $50/shipped

I need this stuff gone and I'll probably be adding stuff to the list.

Last edited:

vartz04

Adventurer
Does the phone plug on the Wilson Work with the iPhone? And if not do you know what is needed to make it work with the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwittman

Adventurer
I am interested in the Garmin Nuvi 500 if it has the TOPO maps loaded. Does it happen to have the lifetime maps update or will I need to purchase that?

robert

Expedition Leader
Does the phone plug on the Wilson Work with the iPhone? And if not do you know what is needed to make it work with the iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest I don't know much about iPhones. I know the plug fit in older flip phone styles (like the Motorola I had); lots of the older phones had a port on the back, usually over the antenna, that took a small, push-in style barrel type plug for an external antenaa. These were discontinued on most phone models some years ago. Wilson also makes an inductive pickup which is a small square rubber pad that you usually Velcro onto the back of your phone and I also have this piece (it screws into the connector instead of the barrel plug). They also make cradles for different phones that have inductive pickups in them including some universal styles (I do not have any of these cradles). Wilson mkes different amplifiers for the different types of carriers in the US- I used this one on Verizon so you need to look at the model number and make sure it will work on your carrier. Verizon is CDMA so it should also work with Sprint style carriers.

From Wilson's website on this model:
Compatibility:
  • Supports all carriers that transmit at 824-894 and 1850-1990 MHz frequency bands only and works on all generations of CDMA, TDMA, GSM, and 3G
  • Works with 50 Ohm antennas and accessories
  • Does not support Nextel/iDen, Verizon 4G LTE, and AT&T 4G LTE/AWS

I'm not the most electronic savvy so if anyone has any other info feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

robert

Expedition Leader
I am interested in the Garmin Nuvi 500 if it has the TOPO maps loaded. Does it happen to have the lifetime maps update or will I need to purchase that?

The driver/software in the GPS is up to date but the maps are not, it does not have the lifetime maps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz