Closeout Sale Of Remaining JAMES BAROUD Classic Models

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
I have the Grand raid XXL, would love to get the updated walls for it, is there anyway to fab it to work in my shell?
looks as if it's just rivetted in.

If my tent has the plastic ladder hooks, how can i get the updated metal ones? must i pay shipping?

Was there any changes to the ceiling fan? it's like upside down surgery trying to flip the direction by swapping out the blades.

The fabric can be replaced and is as simple as drilling 2 rivets and sliding the fabric from the channel.

The hooks are free of charge and free shipping. Just email myself rino@ok4wd.com

We have a few changes coming soon including the fan assembly

rino

Only one remaining classic model tents, could not thank all the new members of the James Baroud family enough. Thanks again for all the positive feedback and support! :beer:

Last edited:

chmura

Adventurer
Only one remaining classic model tents, could not thank all the new members of the James Baroud family enough. Thanks again for all the positive feedback and support! :beer:

When will the website be updated reflecting the new models?

Also what is the closest James Baroud tent to a small Autohome Extreme? I am 6'1 so I some enough space to stretch out.

rino

When will the website be updated reflecting the new models?

Also what is the closest James Baroud tent to a small Autohome Extreme? I am 6'1 so I some enough space to stretch out.

60% of the tents are photographed and updated, including the Evasion series which I feel would be most similar to an Autohome Extreme. Here is the link http://www.jamesbaroudusa.com/products/hard-shell-tents/evasion-series/evasion/

Please let me know your thoughts and if I can assist with any questions!

chmura

Adventurer
60% of the tents are photographed and updated, including the Evasion series which I feel would be most similar to an Autohome Extreme. Here is the link http://www.jamesbaroudusa.com/products/hard-shell-tents/evasion-series/evasion/

Please let me know your thoughts and if I can assist with any questions!

The new tents look awesome!

Wouldn't the Discovery Extreme or the Explorer be more equivalent to the Autohome Extreme since the AH can hold 35lbs of cargo ontop?

What are the differences between the Discovery Extreme and Explorer?

Is there any JB dealer in Southern California that I can look at in person?

Last edited:

photo nomad

Adventurer

Wouldn't the Discovery Extreme or the Explorer be more equivalent to the Autohome Extreme since the AH can hold 35lbs of cargo ontop?

Nomad Ventures in Escondido is a SoCal dealer you can check out. (No relation to me, I'm just a local customer.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rino

Thank you for the kind words! We are really excited about the new models and it just raises the RTT experience to another level.

The Discovery Extreme is a clam shell style, with the cargo cutout (Discovery pictured, Extreme will be up soon)

discovery%201_zpsbccuhpje.jpg

The Explorer shares the same floor and roof shells, but opens straight up

explorer%201_zpsec41ffn7.jpg

You are correct, the Explorer would be much similar to the Autohome Extreme, I did not notice the rack on it. :)

We have an awesome dealer in Southern California as mentioned, Nomad Ventures. He has multiple stores in SC and stocks the new model tents.

chmura

Adventurer
Thank you for the kind words! We are really excited about the new models and it just raises the RTT experience to another level.

The Discovery Extreme is a clam shell style, with the cargo cutout (Discovery pictured, Extreme will be up soon)

The Explorer shares the same floor and roof shells, but opens straight up

You are correct, the Explorer would be much similar to the Autohome Extreme, I did not notice the rack on it. :)

We have an awesome dealer in Southern California as mentioned, Nomad Ventures. He has multiple stores in SC and stocks the new model tents.

I will contact Nomad so I can personally lay inside and see if the space suits me. I am 6'1 so I want to make sure the space is adequate for me needs before making any final purchase. Thank you for all the assistance.

rino

I will contact Nomad so I can personally lay inside and see if the space suits me. I am 6'1 so I want to make sure the space is adequate for me needs before making any final purchase. Thank you for all the assistance.

Glad I could assist, 6'1" is going to be close so that is a great idea.

Let Bruce or myself know if you need anything.

acg

Adventurer
I recently transitioned from a soft top RTT. Just picked up a new Grand Raid XXL from Adventure Ready last Sunday. Can't wait to try it out!

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    565 KB · Views: 30
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    541.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 37
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

doubletapdaddy

Love the 360° Grand Raid XXL and plan on adding one to my 2014 JKUR. Two questions:

1. I'm going to install a Rhino-Rack Backbone system. What is the preferred mounting method for the GR XXL - on top of three bars, or on a Pioneer Platform (which size)?
2. What keeps the ladder from sliding sideways out of the new style ladder hooks?

rino

Love the 360° Grand Raid XXL and plan on adding one to my 2014 JKUR. Two questions:

1. I'm going to install a Rhino-Rack Backbone system. What is the preferred mounting method for the GR XXL - on top of three bars, or on a Pioneer Platform (which size)?
2. What keeps the ladder from sliding sideways out of the new style ladder hooks?

1. I would suggest the Pioneer Platform and in the 72"x56" size. Also I can give you an Expo Portal code for savings on the Rhino Rack.
2. The James Baroud ladder hook mounts have little pins that prevent lateral movement of the ladder once connected.

40C4C89C-0F46-4718-BFBA-DF8FA18754B2_zpsxkhaypxi.jpg

rino

New 360 degree James Baroud models are now uploaded to the site! Now you can see each model's features up close from afar.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-10%20at%201.39.39%20PM_zpssu7h4osf.jpg

We also now have a full 360 degree viewing option on the site to show the new 360* mesh window design!

rino

Sold out! :) The Classic models are gone, but from time to time we may post demo and display tents in this thread so keep an eye out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles