Clone of ARB Intensity LED Driving Light/Light Force 250!

homeguy

Observer
I've got the ARB lights and one of my friends has the Chinese clones. They look pretty close. The light housing is quite rough compared and the light output is different. I've got a flood and a spot, his are supposed to be spots but are more like floods. The covers are a cheaper polycarbonate lens that has yellowed so much that he doesn't use them anymore. For the price, I'm impressed with them. I though If can prevent it won't buy from China. USA or Canada if possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maverick1701

Adventurer
After the sun went down I ran some county roads to test my new lights. I am impressed.
I snapped a few pics with my canon30D and attempted a video with the gopro but my hero3 doesn't really like low light (see video).

I have experienced one small issue with my lights. This issue only occurs with one radio station 92.1... all other stations work great (there aren't many radio stations out this far). When my driving lights are turned on, radio station 92.1 will fade to static. It is not a big issue for me since I normally (99% of the time) listen to podcasts/music via my in car computer/MDT...but it is a potential issue for others to be aware of before buying.

GoPro Video night test attempt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkZjRWxgCsE

Vehicle low-beam:
_MG_9105.jpg

Driving lights + Vehicle low-beam:
_MG_9110.jpg

Mounting:
WP_20161027_12_48_38_Pro (2).jpg

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
My friend has four aurora cubes on his dodge. He had rigid before that. said both are very comparable. If thats any indication..

ZONE ZERO

One year with the knock off 9inch ARB lights on 2 trucks, still going strong zero issues the light pattern is perfect I use then daily along with LED headlights , my current set up is on an M1009 K5 military blazer with a 6.2 diesel. I can say last winter the 9 inch light produce enough light to keep the snow off and ice. I would recomend them with out question. I can post pictures when I get back from my trip I'm on the boarder of Canada in northern Maine this weekend camping , it's well below 25 and windy and I'm glad I have them I would buy them again with no hesitation.

ZONE ZERO

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32364260486.html

I'm 80 % sure this is what I ordered a year ago the only thing I can recomend is her brackets that appear stainless steal had rusted around the cuts and bends I would recomend painting them with a hard chip resistant paint , also due to there size you have to mount them on a solid surface or they will flutter and move when driving. Buy with out worry guys there spot one. I'll be getting more when the time comes to add soemto my next project .

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I saw a pair of these for 149 bucks on da'bay last week, I think I'm going to try them on the suburban after xmas. I am going to see what I am putting on the patriot after i get the winch mount/light bar on that.

waterboy222

Adventurer
I bought a set from amazon to replace my Chinese light bar that broke... I figured if they were crap, I'd stick them on my Polaris ranger. 4,000 miles so far and really happy with them. The only issue I've had is the hardware rusts almost immediately. They are plenty beefy but crap material. I haven't replaced the bolts yet but probably will very soon. As far as light output, they beat the heck out of a 50'' led bar. There's no shadow out front of the jeep at all, no hood in its way. Another good bonus is these bolt right onto the 10a/hard rock bumper with no drilling.

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
1360505d1403465221-aurora-9-round-lights-just-like-arb-intensity-led-lights.jpg

mouthy1

I just bought 2 185 watt versions from eBay and they should be here in a week. I'll post my thoughts. Mine are coming with a harness so we will see how that goes?!?!

Happykamper

Explorer
Just an opinion but if you want quality , save for quality. If less then great is ok, and in some instances I agree it is. Then go for it. Lights for night use I believe because of expeariance should be the best you can possibly afford.

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
So long as the lighting output is adequate and not spilling out all over the place, then i cant see why most people would pay 1000% more for something that may only be 20% better.
If companies like ARB and their support and dealer networks don't make any money then eventually there won't be any good ideas to copy. It's a financial balance, I want to support innovation but I also don't want to spend any more than I need. So I can't say what the right answer is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior