Clone of ARB Intensity LED Driving Light/Light Force 250!

4wd26

I run the hella led lights, I love both their spread and distance.

I'll be the first to admit even with the LEDs projecting back into a lens that the range is not as good as my hella 4000's were even in halogen
BUT the spread and instant white light and even the range is adequate out around 700m

I'm trying to get a comparison with ARB lights and light force, both are pretty common in Australia, less common are the hella lights I run

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
700 m is awesome for an LED light. all these bars, etc can even get out 500 m and most stop at 100m-150m. rigids are good to about 325ft....that is nothing as far as I am concerned. But hey, they "LOOK" cool.

Jgranger

Ford Ranger owner
I dunno I like my led bars but again the just don't shine far enough for what I do. Saw one video where an hid light was compared with the ARB light and the hid was dwarfed... But it was an arb sponsored video and I tend not to trust videos by manufacturers. It is great to hear more user opinions though. I think I'll probably end up going the HID rout after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rlynch356

Defyota
in cave diving .. we were all about HID.. until the LED lights started being better for focus, burn time and size (this year actually..) .. i have no dog in this fight but have LED light cannons by visionX

For comparison .. a Real Dive light for Caves is $600-1800 - as an LED

kojackJKU

Light cannons are a different ball of wax as they use the reflector to focus the LED light. 2 issues I have with the small light cannons is one, they only shine 1000ft. My HID gets 1000 meters. 2. Price. I could buy approx. 4 sets of my lights for one set of cannons. Cannons do have the best toss of light by far. and I think the larger even more expensive ones are very impressive.

for example, I paid 76 dollars for my 500s. added a 4300k 55w HID system for 45 bucks more and get 1000 meters of light and a nice wide spread on my light.

To get similar performance of of a LED light would be the 9" Light cannon. the kit is 1200 bucks. Awesome light, but not 1200 bucks awesome.

The Rover Shop

Explorer
I just use a good set of terrafirma hid lights on the front bumper of my expedition rig for long distance but use led light bars for the rest..one small one each side and 2 on the rear, one each corner... You can't beat the led light bars for flood and the hid for spot and distance..put the hid lights on the high beam circuit and the led light bars on switches.. When you want long distance driving lights the bids are great, for slow maneuvering in the bush you can't beat the white spread lighting of the led light bars,... And the low amperage draw of the led light bars in slower driving conditions help to reduce the drain on the battery and alternator system... Those arb lights do look the tits though...

MagicMtnDan

2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition & 2021 F350 6.7L
Ah, the old, where are the LED lights made, discussion!

Most LED engines (chips) are made overseas (in China). Most. Including, as I understand it, some of Rigid's.

And whenever a company claims a CREE engine I still wonder if that's the truth or it's a claim.

One thing I do know is how Chinese companies operate (steal, ripoff, cheat, lie are 4 of the ways many of them operate).

Here's an example of Chinese companies "copying" ARB:

Go here: http://www.alibaba.com/ and enter ARB style 9" light

or https://www.google.com/search?q=arb+style+9%22+light+china&oq=arb&aqs=chrome.0.69i59l2j69i65l2j69i57j0.2080j0j9&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=119&ie=UTF-8

That said there are some good Chinese products.

Last edited:

adventr

Adventurer
Bought a set of the fake Intensity lights last night on ebay. I found an actual auction and put a bid in, got them for $204 shipped. I can take some pics and give a review when they arrive.

kojackJKU

awesome. get photos up the road. I don't care about how bright they are looking at them. Also do you have a friend with HID? a comparison would be awesome.

bat

Explorer
Looking into the same company Sunyee international they have some great prices on light bars.

I can take some pics and give a review when they arrive
curious to see how the lights perform

adventr

Adventurer
Lights shipped out on Monday from China. They are out for delivery today by Fedex. So looks like only 3-day shipping, which is excellent.

I'll snap some pics this evening when I get to check them out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles