clocking winch release handle

erin

Explorer
I'm sure some of you out there have had to reclock the release handle on your winches. I am assuming all I need to do is lossen the bolts and turn the handle housing and retighten the bolts. Am I missing anything? I shouldn't have to pull it apart should I?

HelaJames

Observer
That is about it, jsut take a good look at everything so you know where it goes, when I did mine it totaly came apart. No biggie though I got it back together and it works fine know.

erin

Explorer
Thanks, thats what I figured, but a buddy did his and some how he completely removed the housing, which went back together, but is brake then failed to work unless the winch was pulling. So I really don't want to deal with that.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
erin said:
I'm sure some of you out there have had to reclock the release handle on your winches. I am assuming all I need to do is lossen the bolts and turn the handle housing and retighten the bolts. Am I missing anything? I shouldn't have to pull it apart should I?

Thats it. Just be careful when you pull the assembly out that you dont go more than about 1/8 inch, it will turn with that much pulled out. If you pull it too far out you could run into problems, there are gears assembled in there and if things get out of alignment it may not want to slide back together - not to mention functioning correctly. Take it easy and make sure you use loctite on the bolts:ylsmoke:

See ya at the Trophy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier