Climb and Crawl 2006- 5/19-21/06: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian McVickers

Administrator
Staff member
I will be unable to attend:mad:

Man, all I want to do is go play. This has been on my calendar since the day it was first posted and now I can't go:mad: :gunt: Sucks if you ask me!
(end rant)

Have fun and take lots of pics!:rappel: :camping:

datrupr

Expedition Leader
mcvickoffroad said:
This has been on my calendar since the day it was first posted and now I can't go:mad: :gunt:

Same here my man. I know your pain. I was looking forward to this trip since I first heard about it almost a year ago. Then I was one of the first to post up for it, and now I can't go!!!!!!!!:mad: Oh well, I will catch the next one.

BMAN

Adventurer
whitethaiger said:
Sounds like that's exactly what I'm doing with OziExplorer. I also can switch to the NASA sat pics and have the 100K, 250K topos also. Sure is fun AND comes in handy when looking for trails. Has helped us on the Nevada Trophy and many other trips.

My intention has always been to use Ozi for my laptop but since I found usa photomaps (freeware) I've been kinda favoring it. The one thing that Ozi has thet USAPM doesn't have is the night screen option. I haven't yet set up my laptop for either at this point so the setup is still in limbo but as of right now I'm planning the USAPM route.

whitethaiger

Adventurer
BMAN said:
...The one thing that Ozi has thet USAPM doesn't have is the night screen option...

Wow, they must have added a lot of stuff to the program. When I looked at it the last time there was no comparision in terms of features. However, if it does all the things you are looking for than the price is a pretty good argument!

BMAN

Adventurer
I guess my statement was misleading. I haven't truely "used" either program yet in the field. So it is not fair of me to make a comparison statement like that. What I meant was that from what little time i have been able to spend with Ozi compared to the long hours I "have" spent with USAPM, one of the cool features that USAPM is lacking, is the red nightscreen. As a freeware USAPM is a powerful tool. I may however be persuaded to buy a full version of Ozi after getting some field time with the program.

Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior