Climb and Crawl 2006- 5/19-21/06: Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Brady

Founder
I can provide a GPS, waypoints and a trail book for the trail. It is a really fun loop, which will challenge the stockers and still allow for some optional challenges to the better built trucks.

CAPTAIN COORS

Adventurer
scott, can we tag along? be a good chance to try out our new tent, water and air equipment, if so we would be there at the 1pm meeting place

Scott Brady

Founder
Really looking forward to the weekend, and this little adventure.

Does anyone have a computer projector available? That would be very cool to have for the slide show.

BMAN

Adventurer
Prolly an etrex legend but I have no way of DL-ing to it. I got the waypoints for the campground from the #1 post so I'll be good to go for getting to the site. From there I can figur ethe rest out before Saturday AM.

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Hate to do it guys, but I am going to have to bail out on this one. I have a few family matters to attend to on Saturday. Have fun though, and I was really looking forward to this trip. Hopefully we will have another one next year.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Whew! It's a gonna be mighty hot out there.....we'll need to chill the tequila.

I'm getting pretty excited here. But I don't have a computer projector. Although my notebook has a fatty 17" screen.

Marko D.

articulate

Expedition Leader
Boston Mangler said:
What is the forecast? :sunny:
A balmy 96 degrees. I hope the ARB/Engels can keep up with the ice demand in the margaritas.

hint hint!...you expedition fridge-freezer owners.....I take mine on the rocks. How nice that a pun worked itself in there.

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
articulate said:
A balmy 96 degrees. I hope the ARB/Engels can keep up with the ice demand in the margaritas.

hint hint!...you expedition fridge-freezer owners.....I take mine on the rocks. How nice that a pun worked itself in there.

:D Hmmmm 96 Degrees? I guess i shouldnt bring the down bag huh? :D

Damn, didnt someone mentioned it would be around 80?

Never camped in weather this hot, should be interesting! If it really is going to be that hot, the plan to sleep in my rig might be altered due to the fridge running all night! :D

Hope to climb either early in the AM or at dusk, sweaty palms = no beuno!

BajaTaco

Swashbuckler
Boston Mangler said:
Damn, didnt someone mentioned it would be around 80?

That would probably be me, but I said "80's", not around 80 :) - so that could be like... 89.5 and still be "eighties" :p

Yea, you can leave the down at home. But still might get into the high 50's to low 60's in the middle of the night. I think the closest forecast is Superior, and we will be a little higher in elevation - about 3,500 feet or so.

Superior AZ forecast

A margarita sounds good :)

RAM5500 CAMPERTHING

OG Portal Member #183
BajaTaco said:
That would probably be me, but I said "80's", not around 80 :) - so that could be like... 89.5 and still be "eighties" :p

I know, i was messing around!

BajaTaco said:

Looks like 96 during the day and 60's at night, should be interesting! Early AM or Dusk climbing might be key here! :D

BajaTaco said:
A margarita sounds good :)

Yup! So good that i just made one! YUMMMM :beer:

Last edited:

brittan

Adventurer
I was out last weekend, not in lower devils, but it was hot everywhere.
I have been thinking of places around there with water...There are a few ponds but they all serve as watering holes for cows and aren't the kind of thing you want to jump into. There may be water at the bottom of the canyon. Lets hope. I don't plan on doing much climbing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online