Cleghorn Run

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
A couple buddies and I decided to make a run to Cleghorn Road just up from where we live. We started off with 4 trucks and a motorcycle, but quickly ended up with only to trucks running the whole trail. Luckily, this mainly had to do with time constraints and not broken vehicles. Anyways, these are the pictures from my camera mounted on the roll cage so I apologize for the rain on some of the pictures and any blur that was caused by shooting pictures while driving.

DSC02030-1.jpg
That's the house dog "Thor." He's a great trail buddy.

DSC02031-1.jpg

DSC02034-1.jpg

DSC02040.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
continued...

DSC02045.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02048-1.jpg

DSC02049-1.jpg

DSC02053-1.jpg
There was a ton of snow. This is early on. The driving got a little to squirrelly to snap pictures in the deep.

DSC02054-1.jpg

DSC02058-1.jpg

DSC02059-1.jpg

DSC02060-1.jpg

I tried to snap several of the water crossings while they happened. No luck. There was some decently deep stuff.

DSC02063-1.jpg

This section got really muddy and slick.

Last edited:

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Joby Gorillapod

I don't know if any of you guys (or gals) have used one of these before, but it worked flawlessly. I just wrapped the legs around the tubing of my roll cage and could change from landscape to portrait really quick, turn the camera on and off, shoot and zoom, and the camera was rock solid the whole time. Plus, the camera pops on and off at the touch of a lockable button.

shahram

Adventurer

Pics don't do justice to the little pucker factor that comes with this very steep, slippery little hairpin. In my Land Cruiser, I got a little oversteer on this corner, and the next thing I knew, I was sideways on the hill. And that was tacky moist, with decent traction. You did it in wet, slick conditions. Respect!

Seth Kendall

Adventurer
Glad ya'll are enjoying the pictures. It was a great day. There were some pretty hairy sections with all the snow and mud. Pucker factor is a great descriptor.

I'm not sure where Jason got the High Road sticker. He's from around Pismo Beach, but I don't know the whole history on the Jeep. If I find out I will let you know.

Jason (jeep guy) took a bunch of pictures too. I will post those up when I get them from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior