Clean Built FJ60 For Trade or Sale

shellb

Adventurer
Done!

Below is a summary of what I am looking to accomplish and details regarding my built FJ60 that I have up for trade or sale ($10,000). I would prefer to trade :elkgrin:

FJ60.1.JPG

Location: Charlotte, NC (ignore license plate in photos) - willing to travel within reason for the right trade/sale.

FJ60.2.JPG

Offer:
I am looking to trade something of similar value (within a couple of thousand up/down with extra cash me/you) and would prefer it to be a non-60 series Land Cruiser (100/80/40) but would also consider a toyota truck or something else interesting! If it has a diesel, even better! I'm not interested in dedicated trail rigs or serious project vehicles and it needs the ability to seat 3, can't leave out our daughter.

I like seeing what folks have, so don't hesitate to throw it out there if you are serious. I will consider ALL viable/honest offers that are similar/close to this stated/desired arrangement but don't lowball me and don't waste the time of all involved. No dreamers or tirekickers please. Furthermore, no dealers or financing offers, I would rather trade an Expo rig for a Expo rig.

FJ60.3.JPG

Last edited:

shellb

Adventurer
Rationale:
I love FJ60 but it just isn’t being used as it should and doesn’t really fit with my current lifestyle. Having two nice 60s in the garage doesn’t really make that much sense right now, so I am looking to diversify my collection. That being said if I don’t end up trading, I wont be sad in the least bit! I would drive this truck anywhere at anytime without hesitation. It has been daily driven over the past few months. There are a number of people who could speak to the quality of this 60.

I can’t take credit for this awesome build, the only thing that I have done since buying it was install the SROR rear bumper with dual swing-outs. Honestly there isn’t much left to do on this truck.

FJ60.6.JPG

1983 FJ60 - November 82 Build - 132,300 miles

From front bumper to rear, listed are the salient upgrades, replacements, and repairs

Front of Truck:

ARB Winch Bumper (Some damage and scaring, still fully operational)
Warn M8000 Winch (metal cable and 25K hook, new hand control, roller fairlead)
IPF Aux Lights (2)
IPF Headlight housings
Sylvania Silverstar H4-55w/60w Bulbs (stock wiring, no upgrade needed at 55/60w)
New OEM Grill painted Satin Black/Cast Iron Ceramic Duplicote
New Aftermarket Headlight Doors
CruiserCrap TEQ bottle opener on bumper

Driveline & Suspension:

TG Aftermarket Steering Stabilizer
AllPro Hysteer Arms
80 Series TRE’s
Custom Rice Built TieRod and Drag link
Appropriate Pittman Arm
Coarse Spline FJ40 4.11’s in front diff
First Gen Longfield cryo-treated Mini-truck Birfs
New Knuckle/wheel bearings OEM
Marlin Inner Seals
All bearings except for inner wheel bearings and carrier bearings on front replaced by JT
New HFS Barbell Shackles with 2.5” extension all 4 corners
New Aussie Poly Bushings with grease channels all 4 corners
New Greasable shackle bolts all 4 corners
New Greasable spring hanger pins all 4 corners
Alcan 5” Lift leaf springs (they have simmered a bit to 4.5” but flexible
New 6 degree shims (perfect correction)
New Custom Length Swaybar links with Energy Suspension bushings
Bilstein 5150 “post-topped” Shocks up front
Bilstein 5125 shocks in back (all 255/70 valving)
New u-bolts up front
New u-bolts and SOR Extreme Ubolt skid plates in back
New Aussie Locker in back
New Yukon 4.11’s R&P in back
All new seals and bearings in back OEM
New E-brake accuator cables in back
FJ-55 pinion flange/yoke in rear (needed for fine spline gears)
Replaced U-Joints on rear driveshaft
Vehicle has extended axle breathers and brake lines
Brake Pad and shoes are at 70-75%
Faux Bead 15x8 Steel Rims in Black
Goodyear MTR’s 35x12.5 (approx. 30% of life left-Spare still has whiskers
Transmission is the stock 4spd (operating normally)
Transfercase is stock (might have a bit of slop in output but not much)
Clutch is currently operating normally

Engine: (Stock 2F-Currently at 132K)

FJ60.5.JPG

Engine has been desmogged (parts to resmog are gone)
JimC Idler pulley
JimC Carb
New hoses
New Cap/Rotor OEM
New Carb Insulator plate OEM
Fle-Pro I/E gasket
New Collector gasket OEM
New NGK v-Power Plugs
New fuel filter OEM
New Oil Filter OEM
New Plug wires OEM
New Thermostat and housing gaskets OEM
New belts OEM/Goodyear
New Inspection Cover gasket OEM
New Oil Pan gasket One Piece
New Valve Cover gasket OEM
K&N Air Filter
New Motor Mounts
Carr-McMaster Silicone vacuum lines
Rebuilt PS Pump (Blue)
Radiator has been replaced at some point

FJ60.4.JPG

shellb

Adventurer
More Exterior:

CCOT 62 Style Charcoal Grey Mirrors
replaced bulbs and covers for corner lights
New Housings/Covers/Bulbs for tail lights
Sliders
Non-USA rear slider windows (need new seals)
Largest Defender Roof Rack available
8x Groucho/Rising Sun Roof Rack feet
60 inch Hi-Lift jack (mounted to rear bumper)
Window tinting is in great shape (couple of small bubbles in rear)
Side vents painted to match grill/headlight doors
Rear wheel wells were professionally repaired with metal and very little filler
Rear half of truck and roof were painted to match
SROR Rear Bumper with tire carrier and ladder

FJ60.7.JPG

Interior: (Overall very nice)

Dash is perfect minus one small tear where the gauge cluster cover meets dash
Dash is covered with DashPad
Nice leather “stretch on” steering wheel cover that thickens the grip gauge nicely
CruiserCrap TEQ Shifter knob
All Gauges function (Tac drops off when its really cold…common)
Non-USA grab handle (good condition pad/metal painted Cast Iron Color)
Tuffy Console w/ Sony Head unit/10disc Changer/CB
All seats have SOR Tuff Duck Covers
All seats (with exception of side of Drivers seat) are in good condition
Carpet is an 8.5 of 10
Rear Cargo Carpet and padding is New (slightly darker brown)
Ultimate Air Regulator/Hose/Mounted Rack with old Coke CO2 Tank (large capacity)
WagonGear Tailgate Storage Lid w/ tumbler locks
Headliner is all good except small area at top of driver-side rear slider window
Door Panels are all good except small cracks at very top of front panels
Replaced front speakers with Mid Grade JVC models then painted covers brown

FJ60.9.JPG

Known Issues and Shortcomings:

First let me say, this rig is not a Show Truck or a Full Resto. It looks like one from 15 feet but it's not. It is also not rust free, but the rust issues are not horrible and are listed below. She does have some trail rash and dings as well.

Rust:

Bottom of tailgate (inside) small amounts
Rear wheel wells have been professionally repaired with stock metal, but with no guarantee that it wouldn't return. Some paint bubbling has surfaced on passenger-side.
Inner C-Channel of Rear Frame (Common)
Front Doors on inner front panel (has been painted with rust stop and appears to have ceased)
Bottom of Driver-side front fender
Pitting and surface rust on front Valence

Dings:

Passenger-side has a couple larger-than-scratch sized dings and paint scraps mostly isolated to passenger-side rear door
Hood is oxidizing and worn down to primer in a couple spots but still takes wax well
Rear Passenger-side corner of roof/gutter is dented slightly
ARB Front Bumper Inner cross-member is bent (Tow Strap/Mechanical Advantage mishap)
Sliders made contact with rocker panels and dented (Previous Owner)

General:

Passenger-side Front window rolls up hard
Passenger-side seat is slightly loose as it relates to mounting on seat rack
(This is not a solvable/tightening issue but slider channel fatigue)
Slight rocker noise (Common)
Slight amount of slop in rear driveshaft (Either Locker based or output shaft. I believe this issue to be small and not in need of immediate attention but just being honest)
Windshield will need replacement but seal is not original and still seemingly very pliable
Not impressed with 5150's up front, they have lost some of their oil, it appears.
Sometimes is hard to get out of 4WD but also common IMO
Hood prop bar has come out and it needs new bushing
Carb cooler fan is removed (inoperable and IMO isn't needed when smog equip is gone)
High Altitude Compensator is deleted
As a desmogged truck, it starts a little harder in the cold but Choke operates perfectly
OEM Power Steering begins to fail (not assist) after pointing these 35's on the trail for awhile, could use cooler or Saginaw Pump switch.

As is the case with all 2F's w/ Big tires, it is underpowered on the Passes but will hold 3K RPM in Third most of the time. In fact, it runs quite well and is very peppy for its gearing (4.11's)

Thanks for getting through all this if you did...please don't hesitate to contact me or ask any questions. I can take more pictures if need be, just let me know.

http://picasaweb.google.com/brettschell/FJ60ForTradeSale#

Cross Post from MUD http://forum.ih8mud.com/vehicles-trailers-sale-wanted/426665-clean-built-fj60-trade-sale.html

FJ60.8.JPG

shellb

Adventurer
Do it James, DO IT. :elkgrin:

I agree, great looking rig. In the best color I might add.

Thanks for the bump SOAZ. I have gotten a few trade offers at MUD but nothing here!

I was hoping to get all kinds of interesting trades over here... :victory:

Do it James, DO IT. :elkgrin:
You KNOW I want to. I've wanted a clean 60 in sahara beige for about 10 years now. However, you and I are going to need to sell a few more JK winch controllers before this rig pencils out for me...

Maybe Brett needs that nice super motard in the expedition motorcycles section? Wait.... Tim... you should buy my bike, then I'll buy the cruiser!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
as nice as the rig is, it is overshadowed by that sweet *** giant TEQ on the hood.

shellb

Adventurer
You KNOW I want to. I've wanted a clean 60 in sahara beige for about 10 years now. However, you and I are going to need to sell a few more JK winch controllers before this rig pencils out for me...

Maybe Brett needs that nice super motard in the expedition motorcycles section? Wait.... Tim... you should buy my bike, then I'll buy the cruiser!

James - If I actually knew how to ride and was confident that I wouldn't kill myself, I would certainly be interested. That bike is awesome!

as nice as the rig is, it is overshadowed by that sweet *** giant TEQ on the hood.

Thanks man...I totally agree :victory:

What a beautiful rig! Good luck.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Don't think you'd be interested, as you mention needing to haul three folks. But, worth a shot:

http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35836

Holler if you're interested. Good luck to ya no matter what!

Hey Wes - I love your truck. I am interested...

What is the seating arrangement? Didn't know if these had a front bench offered. If not, is it an easy swap out of a regular cab?

My daughter is 7 but she is tiny!

Hey Wes - I love your truck. I am interested...

What is the seating arrangement? Didn't know if these had a front bench offered. If not, is it an easy swap out of a regular cab?

My daughter is 7 but she is tiny!

Thanks, bud. I love it, too. A lot. Which Is why I'm sweating even talking about this.

It will seat a 7 year old with reasonable comfort on shorter weekend trips. It has buckets up front, with the fold-down jumpseats in the extended cab. My kiddo has spent many hours back there, but never, say, a weeklong or longer big trip. Even at seven years old that would've sucked. It would REALLY suck now that she's twelve.

In all honesty, I couldn't recommend my truck for comfortable, family-sized, extended-length overland travel. It's amazing for two folks, but not three. :(

Which is why I'm in the market for an upgrade.

Best of luck on your sale!

shellb

Adventurer
Thanks, bud. I love it, too. A lot. Which Is why I'm sweating even talking about this.

It will seat a 7 year old with reasonable comfort on shorter weekend trips. It has buckets up front, with the fold-down jumpseats in the extended cab. My kiddo has spent many hours back there, but never, say, a weeklong or longer big trip. Even at seven years old that would've sucked. It would REALLY suck now that she's twelve.

In all honesty, I couldn't recommend my truck for comfortable, family-sized, extended-length overland travel. It's amazing for two folks, but not three. :(

Which is why I'm in the market for an upgrade.

Best of luck on your sale!

Thanks for getting back to me.

I looked into a seat a swap and it seems possible to put in a bench, but even in the middle it might be too much for long trips...

Maybe we will have to leave the wife at home :Wow1:

It is something that I would still consider if you want to think about it a little more and get back to me and I will do the same.

If it doesn't work out no worries, I really appreciate the offer.

I love this place and all the great rigs...if others have something to offer let me know. I'm willing to put some money to work for the right trade.

Brett

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles

Members online