Clarence the 1963 1 ton dodge camper

campertramper

Wow it looks fantastic! I don't know a thing about dodge trucks from the 60s or anything about rigs like this. It seems practical but I would have to buy a headache or a money pit. Thoughts?

billiebob

Great buy. Almost indestructible. Zero engine codes, zero limp mode, zero computer glitches.
This Dodge will run forever, IF it has needs it won't just die, it'll give plenty of warning signals and ya won't need to read codes to fix it.

The problems and solutions will be fast and simple. And once fixed, it'll run for another year without a problem. I read about the issues guys have with 5 year old trucks and know my next expedition vehicle will have a carburetor.

No need to lift the cab to change plugs, it has a drain plug in the oil pan, ya can see and service everything just opening the hood. Some day we might get back to the sanity of the Mad Men Era.

Location CA but with an ID plate.

This is not a money pit if it is as solid as presented. Honestly 112K miles would be better than 12K miles.

Notice how skinny the old dual cab and chassis trucks were compared to todays duallys.

Fair asking price if you want it. Lots of value here. AND talk about fireside conversation eh. You'll attract a crowd.

Last edited:

toylandcruiser

Expedition Leader
Great buy. Almost indestructible. Zero engine codes, zero limp mode, zero computer glitches.
This Dodge will run forever, IF it has needs it won't just die, it'll give plenty of warning signals and ya won't need to read codes to fix it.

The problems and solutions will be fast and simple. And once fixed, it'll run for another year without a problem. I read about the issues guys have with 5 year old trucks and know my next expedition vehicle will have a carburetor.

No need to lift the cab to change plugs, it has a drain plug in the oil pan, ya can see and service everything just opening the hood. Some day we might get back to the sanity of the Mad Men Era.

Location CA but with an ID plate.

This is not a money pit if it is as solid as presented. Honestly 112K miles would be better than 12K miles.

Notice how skinny the old dual cab and chassis trucks were compared to todays duallys.

Fair asking price if you want it. Lots of value here. AND talk about fireside conversation eh. You'll attract a crowd.

Simplicity doesn’t equal reliability

shortbus4x4

Expedition Leader
Nice looking camper. Not something you can drive at interstate speeds for hours and hours, best for a few hours a day on 2 lane state roads. Fairly simple to work on but not a lot of shops anymore have technicians with experience on older non computer rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles