Clam Pavilion Screen tent

AML

Adventurer
Hey just wanted to share a screen tent that I just picked up. I just recently learned about them from IKK's post. (Thanks). I didn't want to hijack his thread so I thought I would post it up here.

If you are not familiar with the Clam products they seem to primarily sell ice fishing huts and dabble in a few other products.

I was looking to change out my screen tent as the one I have was just a tad too small. As I mentioned in IKK's post, Clam sells 3 pretty similar large screen tents (a couple smaller ones too). Biggest difference between all three is one (green) has optional panels that can be velcro'd on. Second one (brown) has flaps to go over the optional panels to shed water and the third (also brown) is slightly larger with panels that are permanently attached at the top of the panel. Zip down or can be rolled up. Have the flap to keep rain out. And as a bonus have a smaller screened window on each panel to let you see out of.

Biggest issue I have with it is that it packs up long. But I knew that getting in to it.

Here are a few photos. If you have any questions, let me know. image.jpg

kbahus

Adventurer
That tent looks like serious business for keeping the bugs out. I have a couple Kelty sun shades but with our move to Michigan I have noticed a ten fold increase in flying creatures and might have to get something like this. Does it seem heavy duty enough to leave on a porch for use at home?

ikk

Adventurer
That is awesome, glad I was able to help. I am sure you will get many years of good use. I like the rollup sides. At the time I bought mine the green screen tent was the only option. Lukly here in California it doesn't rain that much.

AML

Adventurer
That tent looks like serious business for keeping the bugs out. I have a couple Kelty sun shades but with our move to Michigan I have noticed a ten fold increase in flying creatures and might have to get something like this. Does it seem heavy duty enough to leave on a porch for use at home?

Probably not permanently. The poles are fiberglass. But it sets up pretty quickly so you could just erect it when needed. I will use it dual purpose as well. (Home and camping)

AML

Adventurer
That is awesome, glad I was able to help. I am sure you will get many years of good use. I like the rollup sides. At the time I bought mine the green screen tent was the only option. Lukly here in California it doesn't rain that much.

I like that green color too. I probably would have gotten green if it was a color option. I found that it is easier to store the tent in the bag with all the sides rolled down so the set up time is longer if you want all the sides rolled up.

jgatliff

Father, Husband, Outdoorsman, & Adventurer.
Well based on this thread, I ordered one of these for our family. Overland Expo East is where I will get to use it for the first time.

JoshN

Observer
Saw a few of these at Overland Expo East - unless someone who used one says different they seemed to hold up in that storm better than any other canopies I saw.

tgreening

Expedition Leader
My Coleman survived fine. Most of the canopies I saw were staked down at the base instead of using guy lines from the top. Maybe part of the problem?

AML

Adventurer
I see that Cabela's now sells what looks like a rebranded version of this. The big difference is they have grommet holes in the front door to support awning poles. Funny enough that I was thinking of doing the same thing and had already purchased some brass grommets to install when I saw the advertisement.

Biggest issue I found so far was that the seams need to be tape sealed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94