CL Find in CA: 85 toyota 4x4 sr5 custom cab EFI straight axle

billy bee

Adventurer
Not mine. No affiliation. Etc., etc., etc... But an interesting truck, huh?

http://slo.craigslist.org/cto/5122550272.html

00101_eMYoJiPhPql_600x450.jpg

Text from CL post:
"My beloved toyota is for sell. 85 efi straight axle 170k miles sr5 custom cab. Unicorn of toyota's, great mall crawler project or just a daily driver. Have recipes for new motor 20k ago. New brakes new master clynder and new clutch master clynder. Have recipes for newer clutch installed. Has a crack in the windshield. Needs paint or not up to u. I had plans to but no time."​

Bill

PS: I would like to see the recipes for the engine and clutch.

billy bee

Adventurer
You know, I'm not sure which is more valuable--the recipes or the new clynders. I know I would never have passed 8th grade writing like that...

bb

DaveInDenver

Middle Income Semi-Redneck
I always wonder about the integrity of those Custom Cab conversions since they have to lengthen the frame. I guess it's no worse than a limo.

2wheelbob

Adventurer
I just sold an '87 Custom Cab. I had that truck for about 7 or 8 years and they are great! They handle the highways well and have room for 4 people. Inside the fiberglass cab extension is a full roll cage for safety. If it was closer, I'd be all over this. EFI, A/C and a straight axle were all that mine was missing. :)

murphy744

Adventurer
I always wondered why people who are trying to sell something, do not take the time clean the trash (juice box, soda bottle) out of the inside. Oh and my other favorite, is please show me some pictures of you beating the hell out of it on the rocks.

Bump for a potential nice rig:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior