CL Find: 1994 Tiger Provan CX Chevy Diesel 4x4 - $9500 Los Angeles, CA

adammtb

Not mine, no affiliation, just found it yesterday, and if i remember these are pretty cool rigs and not too many of them out there...

I'm happy to do a basic inspection if anyone wants as it's pretty close to my home.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/rvs/5885017137.html

Tiger1994.jpg

Ad text:

1994 Tiger CX 4x4 Turbo Diesel. We are the 3rd owners and this camper is in excellent condition inside and out. Original paint looks great, no dents, no rust, not leaks. All aluminum frame with 1 piece fiberglass roof. Sleeps 4 with pull out couch and overhead bed.
This unit has always been well maintained, runs, drives and looks great. Everything works.

Coachgeo

Explorer
I think it is probably a scam.
While you could be right..... Tineye.com (a reverse image search engine) did not find the image of the truck and camper any other place. Usually Craiglist scams you will find same images posted somewhere else like a former Ebay ad or some other old post on a classifieds site.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
My vote is scam also. The fact the mileage was not listed is a red light. As is the * in the title and lack of information on the right side of the ad.

ripperj

Explorer
The OPs profile says he's from NC, and he had two links to Craig's list posts from NC as previous threads, but maybe he moved, he dos offer to lay eyes on it.

adammtb

The OPs profile says he's from NC, and he had two links to Craig's list posts from NC as previous threads, but maybe he moved, he dos offer to lay eyes on it.

Haha, yup, just caught that. I am in Los Angeles now.

And, as far as the scammer theory goes, I was thinking that too, but if it was real, then way to good not to pass up, and frequently folks in LA sell stuff that they have no idea about, so we can get some good deals here. However, I've sent the an email to the post email response, and have not heard anything back yet...so I'm thinking scam as well. Too bad, it's a cool rig.

CuStOm

Adventurer
I contacted them too. See what happens. If the OP is serious about looking at it I am serious about buying it but I too think its a scam. It has Colorado plates on it in the pictures.

wheelie

Wheelie

It's a scam, that picture has been circulating in multiple ads now for over a year.

Coachgeo

Explorer
It's a scam, that picture has been circulating in multiple ads now for over a year.
interesting.... guess the reverse picture search is a bit useless with craigslist ads unless they post same picture in ads in two different places far away from each other, at same time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles