CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ

jscherb

Expedition Leader
any pricing?
I do know the pricing that MORryde was proposing to companies at the SEMA Show, but I don't know if that will end up being the final pricing. For example - someone from one of the big Jeep catalogs was in the booth at a time I stopped by, and he said "these products at these prices are a home run", and then said that one of the products should sell for more than MORryde was proposing :). But it's not my place to pre-announce their pricing, and they should be announcing the final pricing soon - last week MORryde sent an email to people who had asked for notifications through their web site, here's what they said:

Previously, we corresponded about a line of Jeep accessories that MORryde introduced to the market at the recent SEMA Show in November. At SEMA, a catalog company that specializes in Jeep accessories expressed interest in working with us to bring the products to market. We provided samples for their review and are now finalizing the installation instructions. They are very pleased with the products and believe it will strike a nice chord with Jeep owners. We anticipate the products being added to their catalog in the very near future. In addition, we will be working with another company who works with Jeep owners and sells via Jeep forums.
We anticipate bringing the products to the market in late January. Thanks for your interest and your patience with these new products. We're excited to be able to serve the Jeep market and their owners.

They are also planning on adding the Hi-Lift carrier and the CB Antenna Mount to their product line, I just sent them the necessary engineering drawings so they can get them ready for production.

Accessories1_zps05e0af7e.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
This morning I experimented with the TJ Commando hood on the LJ-8. I didn't swap the CJ grille for the Commando grille, all I did this morning was stick some fiberglass replica Commando grille ears in there to see what everything looked like. Everything's just setting together, so it's not all in perfect alignment in these photos.

LJ8Commando1_zpscaa788ed.jpg

LJ8Commando2_zps7c2c1d13.jpg

And with the Hurst Commando scoop...

LJ8HurstCommando1_zpseaa6f3e2.jpg

LJ8HurstCommando2_zps7f2d2c5b.jpg

jscherb

Expedition Leader
Looks good, but not a fan of the Hurst scoop on it.

The main reason I was playing with that hood on the LJ is that I'm trying to decide if I want to build a Jeepster Commando kit for the JK, or if I want to build the J-truck Rhino-grille styled JK "Retro Rhino" kit...

JK-Gladiator_zps2d02529a.jpg

vs.... Hmmm....

LJ8Commando2_zps7c2c1d13.jpg

I'll probably never install the TJ Commando kit on anything, but the work I've already done on it would be a headstart on a JK Commando kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles