CJ-6 "Rat Bastard"

dibsen

Adventurer
I think this is the deal breaker. Now when I removed the other distro I made sure to note the orientation. You can clearly see the shaft gear with the distributor removed makeing it easy enough to line it up. The gear catches (as it should) and rotates the shaft about 15*. It is a littel hard to see in the pic but there is an O ring that isn't sealing, and the shaft is not fully seated.

I'm open to feedback (positive or negitive) from anyone else that has used a similar product. If I can't figure this out I will probably be sending it back.

HEI secure.jpg

dibsen

Adventurer
I’ve turned it two full rotations applied moderate pressure and still can’t quite get it to seat fully. Not sure what I’m missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ducktapeguy

Adventurer
Remove the distributor and look down the hole for the oil pump groove. You need to align the bottom of the distributor shaft with the groove. As you noticed, the dizzy will rotate wile engaging the gear, so just offset to account for it when you insert may need to use a long flat head screwdriver to align the oil pump groove to the dizzy, since the dizzy also needs to be aligned with the #1 spark plug when the engine is at TDC.

billiebob

they look 197
Anyone know if these aircon nobs are stock?
c24265c3879bbededed310e951ff1b18.jpg

They look 1970s GM.
That said Jeep used a ton of GM parts building CJs and YJs.
Not really GM parts but from a supplier who sold to anyone.

The electrics on my YJ were all Delco parts.

dibsen

Adventurer
Y’all! Got that dizzy seated. I just kept pulling it out and clocking it until I got it to seat fully. I’m convinced there is only one way it can go in (although I guess it could be 180 out). Got some fresh plugs in and some new battery cables.

I was on hold for a while because I was in New Mexico.

2f33352fbfb8d8e345f59d877bff6b00.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke