Cirrus 820 Review and Insight

Mfitz

Just an FYI for those who love the features and aesthetic of the Cirrus line, they are working on a prototype for a smaller, lighter, simpler camper which should be released within 6 months or so. Check out an early look here:

https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/news/nucamp-debuts-cirrus-670-prototype/

I am not crazy about the graphics look on the outside but the interior looks typical Cirrus- clean and modern. It looks to have many of the innovative Cirrus features of their larger campers. No word yet on weight, but I find it hard to believe it will fit any but the most capable 1% of half ton trucks. It might be an easy fit for a typical 3/4 ton, though.

stkoda

I have been very interested in your posts since we are struggling whether to buy the Hallmark Milner or the Cirrus 820. We love the Hallmark because of the low profile, F150 vs 250 truck, customer service and quality. We love the Cirrus because of the quality, large space, and design but the F250 seems so huge & the ride is much rougher. We will be using the truck as our only vehicle. The camper will be our home for 3-4 months and then it will be used for long & short trips. Since you owned a Hallmark and now the Cirrus, I would love to hear why you changed and anything else that could help with our final decision. Which has to be by tomorrow if we get the Hallmark, since their sale ends 12/1.

bguard

Good evening! I've been on the forum for many years but haven't posted in quite a long while...long long while. I know this post has been quiet for a few months but I wanted to drop a line about the Cirrus. We've had a 2017 Cirrus 820 with all the options since March 2018. In that time we have spent about 40 nights in it. Several weekend trips to the NC, SC, and North GA mountains, a trip or two to coastal GA, long jaunt to Marathon Fl, Northern Virginia, South West VA, plenty of use for folks far from retirement. After two different travel trailers that just never "fit" us the way we wanted we found the Cirrus and have never looked back! We have had minor issues but nothing like all the issues at once, I hate that for you! In comparison to several of the other RV manufacturers out there I'd say the quality, overall, is still well above most others. The goods far outweigh the bads....hope that continues. If I could say just one thing in support of NuCamp it would be customer service! It took me a call or two but in relatively short time (compared to other companies) I was speaking directly with the CEO. He made everything right! I'm happy to hear your issues are being resolved too!

How are things going now? I'm curious to hear if everything is holding up well, fixes and otherwise. Still happy with your choice?

Happy Travels!

Mfitz

Good evening! I've been on the forum for many years but haven't posted in quite a long while...long long while. I know this post has been quiet for a few months but I wanted to drop a line about the Cirrus. We've had a 2017 Cirrus 820 with all the options since March 2018. In that time we have spent about 40 nights in it. Several weekend trips to the NC, SC, and North GA mountains, a trip or two to coastal GA, long jaunt to Marathon Fl, Northern Virginia, South West VA, plenty of use for folks far from retirement. After two different travel trailers that just never "fit" us the way we wanted we found the Cirrus and have never looked back! We have had minor issues but nothing like all the issues at once, I hate that for you! In comparison to several of the other RV manufacturers out there I'd say the quality, overall, is still well above most others. The goods far outweigh the bads....hope that continues. If I could say just one thing in support of NuCamp it would be customer service! It took me a call or two but in relatively short time (compared to other companies) I was speaking directly with the CEO. He made everything right! I'm happy to hear your issues are being resolved too!

How are things going now? I'm curious to hear if everything is holding up well, fixes and otherwise. Still happy with your choice?

Happy Travels!

I currently have a travel trailer but am looking to a hardside truck camper in the next year or so, hopefully a Cirrus 820 or maybe the new smaller/lighter model they are supposed to release in the first half of 2019. What truck are you carrying it with, and do you have any scale weights you can share? I have an F150 but will switch to a 3/4 or 1 ton when with the truck camper.

fishnski

I currently have a travel trailer but am looking to a hardside truck camper in the next year or so, hopefully a Cirrus 820 or maybe the new smaller/lighter model they are supposed to release in the first half of 2019. What truck are you carrying it with, and do you have any scale weights you can share? I have an F150 but will switch to a 3/4 or 1 ton when with the truck camper.

I really like the Cirrus 820. But they are heavy 2500 dry weight (probably 3000 or more wet). My 2014 F250 diesel is rated for 2250, including passengers. It’s fine for my Hallmark but I’d need to go to a 1 ton for the Cirrus.

Here’s a review of the 820. https://www.truckcampermagazine.com/camper-reviews/2017-cirrus-820-review/

bguard

I run a 2004 Dodge 3500 crew cab short bed 4x4 with the Cummins. I added a big wig sway bar and timbren jounce overloads. I also added spacers to the factory overload arms on the frame. I run 126 load index tires. The load is nicely distributed on the main springs, the overloads, and the timbrens. The truck handles it well! I do not have any scale weights, only what I believe to be, honest estimates. I would not call the 820 a light camper, it’s well built and the weight shows it! The wet weight on the label that includes propane, full fresh water, and a few other things is 2886. Add the batteries and all the options I’d put it at 3200-3400lbs. Add our crap I’d put it at 3400-3800lbs. I hope to hit the cat scale before our next trip in March.

I’ve seen the 670 in person, it’s a good looking unit and should bridge the gap well.

Attachments

• 9C723303-FBAF-4589-9A26-A320DAC63688.jpeg
    9C723303-FBAF-4589-9A26-A320DAC63688.jpeg
    356.1 KB · Views: 80

Mfitz

So it seems Cirrus took the 670 prototype and will develop two new truck campers from it- the 720 and 620. The 3/4 ton-match 720 (2300 lbs wet with options) is introduced here, with a full review to follow later

The lighter 620 is aimed at 1/2 ton trucks, although it will really only fit those newer models optimized for payload- which means special order. It is supposed to be released later this spring.

I love the look and interior design, but I understand how others may hate it. Personal preference, but least there are new options out there for prospective buyers.

dcole

We are two years in with the new Cirrus and it has been awesome and now real issues to speak of. the only small thing that happened a couple of weeks ago is that some of the black stripping around the unit cracked and blew off while we were driving down the road but it is stored outside so to be expected.

We do miss the Hallmark but no complaints with the Cirrus once we got through the initial issues!

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'd consider putting the half ton model on a one ton truck. But those interior pics.......while very nice, looks heavy as a pig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles