"CHUCK" 1998 Chevy Suburban K2500 Build

mface7

Picked up some used XD Badlands 18"x9" wheels for $100 for set of 4. Chrome is pretty nasty from road salt. Need to refinish these before I look at mounting and balancing tires and seeing what sort of suspension mods / body...um...work...needs to be done around them for clearance.

mface7

Following happening now:

- Ordered full set of replacement exterior lights (admitting I was wrong)
- Went to the pic-a- part to get a grill (mine is broken through at one of the attachment tabs) but didn't find anything but picked up:
- Plastic interior panel that was cracked.
- Bunch of interior screws that were missing
- Replacement for broken window switch
- Owner's manual since I didn't have one

Oh, and a Go Rhino grill guard with the headlight guards... for fifty-five bucks! Removed the rubber trim pieces and have run over it with sandpaper and wire wheel, and now applying the Rustoleum Rust Reformer, then I'll hit it with Rustoleum Pro Bed Liner

1604861028541.png

Also note the AWESOME personalized plates...this makes me happier than almost anything else.

mface7

Haven't made a lot of other progress, as I shifted to Operation "Park-the-wife's-car-in-the-garage-before-it-snows", which was successful. I had a 20' used shipping container dropped next to the house as a new shed/workshop, and that pretty much cleared her spot out.

mface7

Got the grill guard cleaned up and painted. Need to get the rubber trim back on the uprights and install.
afbd467094b8a9c9b026cfa156169137.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

mface7

Pulled the chrome trim off the fender flares today, and also removed the plastic valance under the bumper today. Getting ready to mount the grille guard.
23723eba4ce06975086a9eea7e1bab6e.jpg

mface7

Also primed and painted one of my wheels...only started with the one so I knew if I liked it when it was done. And I do.
beaebdec854f15a7700dbb43722329dc.jpg
7736649bf4d2d48a20286136721bfb36.jpg

eaglegsw14

Check the Junkyard a block or two south of 12th st in Ogden. Over by the old Blooms recycling. On the South side of the road. They have a bunch of GMT-400

mface7

Just a few additional notes...haven't done much lately (remodeling the kitchen is taking up my time). I'm gathering supplies for a dual battery setup and got a light bar to go on the roof and a couple of flood pods to go on the front. expecting to get a roof basket shortly (my birthday is coming up!) and planning on mounting a jack, axe and shovel on them.

sammills610

It looks fantastic! I am just going to purchase a 1998 Suburban K2500, and your build is exactly what I would like for mine to look like! Can't wait to see updates and progress on the projects you are completing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz