Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • 4Runner TRD offroad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WMDunkin

Adventurer
So I am looking into a new rig in a year or so. So I am just playing around looking at options. I found an interesting talking point. I have found three vehicles all for 45k dollars. Which should I pick and why?

Ranger XLT Tremor
vehicle.png

Bronco Base Sasquatch
vehicle.png

Colorado ZR2
image.gen

Grassland

I'm not well versed with Ranger Tremor as I think it's overpriced, but doesn't it have the highest towing and payload of the three here? That's the way I'd go because I need 5000# towing.
The ZR2 has a reduced towing/payload IIRC, otherwise I'd lean towards it, though I think on paper it's max is 5k towing, I'd rather not push the limit.
Bronco, meh, no desire unless I was wealth and could have five or six vehicles. Can't tow, don't care for removable roof as it's below freezing 5 months a year where I live.

Ryanmb21

Expedition Leader
How many people and how much weight do you need to carry? from your options it looks like 2 and < ~1300 lbs. Is that correct?

WMDunkin

Adventurer
I'm not well versed with Ranger Tremor as I think it's overpriced, but doesn't it have the highest towing and payload of the three here? That's the way I'd go because I need 5000# towing.
The ZR2 has a reduced towing/payload IIRC, otherwise I'd lean towards it, though I think on paper it's max is 5k towing, I'd rather not push the limit.
Bronco, meh, no desire unless I was wealth and could have five or six vehicles. Can't tow, don't care for removable roof as it's below freezing 5 months a year where I live.

The ranger has the highest towing, tremor packages maintain the towing. 7,500 i believe. The ZR2 is 5,000 and the Bronco is 3,500.

What's a Frontier Pro4X worth compared to these?

I like the Pro4X and pricing is good, my biggest concern is the back seat legroom. All of these have more on paper but I will look into the Pro4X

How many people and how much weight do you need to carry? from your options it looks like 2 and < ~1300 lbs. Is that correct?

Three people (two adults one kid) and one medium (30lbs) dog. Weight all depends on if I tow or not.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
Just fyi I picked up a loaded 2020 Titan Pro4x with 9k miles and a bumper to bumper 100k mile warranty for less than any of these...

WMDunkin

Adventurer
Well I am currently on vacation and my rental is a 4Runner trd off-road and I am really impressed. I can under cut the price and get a lot of the features I am looking for. This obviously doesn’t have the KDSS suspension how does that affect payload ratings?42DD82BC-F660-4FD3-87F5-198A91A8E658.jpeg

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
What is your intended usage? How old is your kid? Personally I'd be looking at a full size for travelling with anyone in the back.

I know I couldn't cram my kids in the back of a midsize for a trip.

That said, drive them all and see what you think and pick the one you like most.

PirateMcGee

Expedition Leader
I would get a GX460 before I would get a 4runner. They are similar price but the GX is much much nicer. I loved mine for what it was but I won't go back to not having a truck.

SDDiver5

Expedition Leader
Ranger Tremor- Small interior, small bed, great offroad
Bronco- Extremely overpriced right now, small like a Jeep, Great offroad.
ZR2- Kinda cool, not a fan of Chevy TBH but they look awesome when they are modded.
4Runner- Under powered, good offroad and a massive amount of aftermarket support.

Other- Would I be biased to say an F150 is the ultimate vehicle out there??? Room, Power, Towing, aftermarket support, Many different offroad options, the 2.7 EB is a bullet and the 5.0 sounds amazing.

WMDunkin

Adventurer
What is your intended usage? How old is your kid? Personally I'd be looking at a full size for travelling with anyone in the back.

I know I couldn't cram my kids in the back of a midsize for a trip.

That said, drive them all and see what you think and pick the one you like most.

My kid will be nine this year. None of use are huge. I am 5’10 and my wife is 5’7.I know vehicle pricing is insane right now but I would love a full size truck but the pricing I can’t bring my self to do it. I am not against used but I prefer new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke